• 5(current)
Yet Another Confluence Mod
(2012-05-01, 16:51)Bradek Wrote: Ok thanks well worth a try. Are you planning to introduce custom backgrounds as per confluence at some point?

Probably not, is supposed to be lite edition Smile but an option for revolving fanart on the home screen will probably find it's way in.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Something to keep an eye on, Video Lib Reorganistion - Could cause problems for current menu structure of this mod

Thanks to Mudislander for posting my playlists on his site.

Tv-Genre ,
Recently Aired By Genre , and Recently Aired Tv (Hulu) Genre .

the hulu playlists are used with the hulu plugin and require the suffix (HULU) to be
set. If there is any genres missing, or could be done different let me know.. Smile
Lite is good, simplicity can be complex. Smile

(2012-05-01, 17:03)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 16:51)Bradek Wrote: Ok thanks well worth a try. Are you planning to introduce custom backgrounds as per confluence at some point?

Probably not, is supposed to be lite edition Smile but an option for revolving fanart on the home screen will probably find it's way in.

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

(2012-05-01, 14:14)Mrmills Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 13:55)Mudislander Wrote: [quote='Mrmills' pid='1091690' dateline='1335872593']

I like the low menubar..as low as possible Smile does that mean there could be room for all 10 movies on screen at once?
and the same for albums and tv shows?

Depends on the addons, how many people use them ? I for one don't.( Do we need them, could just go on the menu?)
Actually if I re-did the suggested/last items into a panel type arrangement, that would eliminate the bug where if there is only 1 item in the playlist - then it doesn't center but stays left
Hope the video lib reorganistion doesnt cause to many problems, like how the menues work now Wink
Are you thinking about adding the suggested/last panels? doesnt look like anyone is going to miss the addons or ? Smile
(2012-05-02, 22:08)Mrmills Wrote: Hope the video lib reorganistion doesnt cause to many problems, like how the menues work now Wink
Are you thinking about adding the suggested/last panels? doesnt look like anyone is going to miss the addons or ? Smile

Doesn't look like anyone's jumping up and down for the addons, probably just waiting for me to delete them.

Working on Home screen ATM Think if playing music then fanart should show, much like videos show under the menu, have lowered menu bar and removed the addons. Not yet adjusted suggested/last items panel

It looks very nice.. Wink thanks
doesnt look bad, might want to remove the panel and leave the favs and
logout/shutdown. If I remember right the minimal confluence skin
had the ability in the settings to have the addons or not and to lower
the menu and remove the dock. Not that I'm suggestion to imitate it
but I was thinking some people might want to have the add ons in
there and others might want to remove them.. just a thought.
I see the artwork is creaping in here and there.. lol.. I know one can't
help it. lol. looking forward to taking it for a test drive.

EDIT: AHH just looked the pic over, thats the rss feed not the dock,
might just adjust the menu up a bit.. looking sw33t.Nod
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

(2012-05-03, 20:10)wilson.joe Wrote: doesnt look bad, might want to remove the panel and leave the favs and
logout/shutdown. If I remember right the minimal confluence skin
had the ability in the settings to have the addons or not and to lower
the menu and remove the dock. Not that I'm suggestion to imitate it
but I was thinking some people might want to have the add ons in
there and others might want to remove them.. just a thought.
I see the artwork is creaping in here and there.. lol.. I know one can't
help it. lol. looking forward to taking it for a test drive.

EDIT: AHH just looked the pic over, thats the rss feed not the dock,
might just adjust the menu up a bit.. looking sw33t.Nod

I was playing around this morning and if you pressed Esc from video type media you get the media in the background, but nothing for music - so had to be artist fanart Smile

The idea for the media panel is that it will slide out of the way to the very top edge, while playing media and the CDArt etc will slide in, by clicking the visible part of the media panel at the top of the screen it'll come down and the CDArt will slide away, same applies for normal home screen, I envisage a skin.setting that toggels on click and user can have the media panel (which will be bigger) down or up & hidden.

Couple of other switches I was wondering about, as I personally always leave them on and never change the setting.

1/ DVDFlagging - my opinion if you don't want media flags then do not put DVD etc in the file name.
2 & 3/ Video and music viz in the background - my opinion don't press Esc/Home while watching a movie etc if you dont' like it - stop the player and return home.

It'd be interesting to hear if anyone disagrees & why Huh

cant wait to try out the panels Smile
(2012-05-03, 22:09)Mrmills Wrote: cant wait to try out the panels Smile

Coming Along - The screenie below is a bit of a mess as just moving things around to see what fits

I'm thinking, will be a bit of a squeeze, but if the artist now playing logo moved to on top of the CDArt, then I wouldn't have the problem of sliding away panels etc. Also then the Homesub png sitting in the top middle of the screen wouldn't be needed. I think that 10 items is enough for the content panel (Well maybe only 10 showing)

Also I must change the CD Smile Believe it or not I actually don't listen to Pixe Lott but she has FanArt, CDArt, Logo and Album Cover + she looks good !!

Coming along great! Looks good.. Could the covers be a bit bigger ? If not no problem Smile
Been looking at the screenie for quite some time now, rememberred our talk about confluence and all the widgets being the same size. Then wont there be a problem with 5 movies in each row?
If you already done the coding well, if tou havent i've got an idea or 2

First of all, the search-buttons-fullscreen line, could that be moved down under the submenues, the favorites and shutdown buttons be scaled down to the same size, that would still leave half the screen for the rrs and a chance to move the menu down just a bit
Could the clock and date be moved down under the weather icon, all this moving stuff around leaves enough space for a third line for moviecovers, like in confluence with 4 x 3 covers for movies, 2 x 4 for tv shows and 3 x 4 for albums.
The widgets could be moved all the way to the right
That would leave more room for fanart and no need to squeeze any info Smile

Thought you might be interested - Had friends and family over last night, and long story- short. After they had drunk too much they thought it would be funny to have an "intervention". End result have convinced me to at least have the possibilty of changing backgrounds as per original confluence. The backgrounds themselves won't be included as the default will be set to current theme, but you'll be able to change them.

(2012-05-05, 07:36)Mrmills Wrote: Been looking at the screenie for quite some time now, rememberred our talk about confluence and all the widgets being the same size. Then wont there be a problem with 5 movies in each row?
If you already done the coding well, if tou havent i've got an idea or 2

First of all, the search-buttons-fullscreen line, could that be moved down under the submenues, the favorites and shutdown buttons be scaled down to the same size, that would still leave half the screen for the rrs and a chance to move the menu down just a bit
Could the clock and date be moved down under the weather icon, all this moving stuff around leaves enough space for a third line for moviecovers, like in confluence with 4 x 3 covers for movies, 2 x 4 for tv shows and 3 x 4 for albums.
The widgets could be moved all the way to the right
That would leave more room for fanart and no need to squeeze any info Smile

Nearly finished code, so think for now, will leave as is and give people a chance to try it out and come back with comments. A lot of guy's will not yet know that the addons are off the home screen Smile

Okay.. Still looking forward to trying it out Wink Will the next update include the new media info view ?
(2012-05-05, 14:06)Mrmills Wrote: Okay.. Still looking forward to trying it out Wink Will the next update include the new media info view ?

Hopefully, actually have been wondering about all the media views. I'm a great fan of Jezz's content panels and so far have always used them, but they are a bit restrictive in what you can fit into them, and looking at other skins with just a dark background you can fit in a lot more stuff.

ATM Southern Hemisphere Super Rugby is getting in the way, might not live in South Africa anymore, but still support my home rugby team Big Grin

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet Another Confluence Mod4