• 24(current)
Yet Another Confluence Mod
It's all coming together nicely. Any suggestions on themes?

(2012-05-30, 22:30)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 22:29)wilson.joe Wrote: Is this the same as the git?

(2012-05-30, 22:26)Mudislander Wrote: Okay, managed to get back to where I was, lucky was only 1 file Smile If anyone is feeling brave enough for a test run install this zip file

Should be Big Grin

Sounds like a really nice feature.Nod

(2012-05-30, 08:21)Mudislander Wrote: Playing around with backgrounds, on my system I've added an option to have the weather conditional fanart take over the "theme" background, in other words only on the items where I've not set a specific background, was wondering if anyone else liked it

ATM I see in screenie background does not match forecast, but does match weather outside - blue sky and sun Smile

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

(2012-05-30, 23:39)wilson.joe Wrote: It's all coming together nicely. Any suggestions on themes?

Sure, maybe start thinking about labels, not hundreds and thousands, but a few to give you better control - eg in screenie you need something for the right hand list to seperate list items and header.

so maybe as a starter something like

ListHeader
ListFocused
ListLayout

Noli illegitimi carborundum

I noticed the colors there a bit messed up and hard to tell which is which.
Thats because I changed the blue to a green to give a different effect on the menu..
Are you wanting labels for colors?

(2012-05-30, 23:50)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 23:39)wilson.joe Wrote: It's all coming together nicely. Any suggestions on themes?

Sure, maybe start thinking about labels, not hundreds and thousands, but a few to give you better control - eg in screenie you need something for the right hand list to seperate list items and header.

so maybe as a starter something like

ListHeader
ListFocused
ListLayout

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

(2012-05-31, 03:19)wilson.joe Wrote: I noticed the colors there a bit messed up and hard to tell which is which.
Thats because I changed the blue to a green to give a different effect on the menu..

Yeah labels - I'm thinking a few sets of labels eg Main Menus - Focus / UnFocous / Header (like left list on screenie) then same for Content Lists ( right list of screenie ) Would basically be the same as the moment except in previous screenie you'd have the option of 6 colours, obviously themes with hundreds of different colours look terrible but you'd have been able to get the headings to stand out a bit better. Be a pain to start off the code but once up and running it's just as easy to set a menu colour to "MainMenuHeading" as it is to set it to "white"

Also personally, I'd really like a theme with ronie's icons from T! - be interesting to see what issues arise Smile

Where do I get Ronie's icon set.. that would be interesting to try out if it would be ok with him.
I did make a black and white theme, don't know who would be interested in it. I was wanting
to attempt to get the icons to be glossy though and haven't got that far other then them being
just a greyish color so far.

I agree completely, too many colors can cause a serious distraction and can be very hard on
the eyes. And like you pointed out in some area it was hard to tell one thing from the other.

(2012-05-31, 08:13)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 03:19)wilson.joe Wrote: I noticed the colors there a bit messed up and hard to tell which is which.

Yeah labels - I'm thinking a few sets of labels eg Main Menus - Focus / UnFocous / Header (like left list on screenie) then same for Content Lists ( right list of screenie ) Would basically be the same as the moment except in previous screenie you'd have the option of 6 colours, obviously themes with hundreds of different colours look terrible but you'd have been able to get the headings to stand out a bit better. Be a pain to start off the code but once up and running it's just as easy to set a menu colour to "MainMenuHeading" as it is to set it to "white"

Also personally, I'd really like a theme with ronie's icons from T! - be interesting to see what issues arise Smile

I managed to break my config trying to get menu audio working on my Revo R3600... Anyway I had to recreate my config and notice a bug that seams to have slipped in when adding favourites to the menu - when you select them they are empty Sad

The xbmc.log shows ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/playlists/video/New TV.xsp/

GUI settings shows
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.lite.mod.HomeItemSixAction">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/New TV.xsp/&quot;,return)</setting>

Removing the / after .xsp and restarting xbmc gets it working again Cool
(2012-05-31, 20:45)wilson.joe Wrote: Where do I get Ronie's icon set.. that would be interesting to try out if it would be ok with him.
I did make a black and white theme, don't know who would be interested in it. I was wanting
to attempt to get the icons to be glossy though and haven't got that far other then them being

I agree completely, too many colors can cause a serious distraction and can be very hard on
the eyes. And like you pointed out in some area it was hard to tell one thing from the other.

Transparency Icons - I've asked for permission a while ago for Convergence, but it would be polite to mention it again. if it's easier for you I've got them in a zip file somewhere Smile

(2012-05-31, 22:08)kevjs1982 Wrote: I managed to break my config trying to get menu audio working on my Revo R3600... Anyway I had to recreate my config and notice a bug that seams to have slipped in when adding favourites to the menu - when you select them they are empty Sad

The xbmc.log shows ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/playlists/video/New TV.xsp/

GUI settings shows
Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.confluence.lite.mod.HomeItemSixAction">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/New TV.xsp/&quot;,return)</setting>

Removing the / after .xsp and restarting xbmc gets it working again Cool

I'll look into it, the end slash definately should not be there. On a side note I remember seeing something about problems with script.favourites - will have to check what that was and if it's been fixed.

Just out of interest What version of this MOD are you using and why did you use "Add Favourite" and not "Add Video Playlist" to get a playlist onto your menu ? - Only asking to see if I've missed something Smile

Edit Just checked and I get the same error when adding a playlist as a favourite to the menu.

(2012-05-31, 22:52)Mudislander Wrote: I'll look into it, the end slash definately should not be there. On a side note I remember seeing something about problems with script.favourites - will have to check what that was and if it's been fixed.

Just out of interest What version of this MOD are you using and why did you use "Add Favourite" and not "Add Video Playlist" to get a playlist onto your menu ? - Only asking to see if I've missed something Smile

Edit Just checked and I get the same error when adding a playlist as a favourite to the menu.

Because dispite being the one that requested it I just went on auto pilot and did it the old fashioned way! (One advantage of the old way which I have just seen by trying it the proper way is that by pressing Exit (I think that's either Esc or Backspace) on my remote takes me back from a favourited link to the menu, doing it the proper way has me jumping through a few more pages (i.e. Playlists list, Playlist type list, Videos menu list) before getting back to the menu)

As for the version - 1.1.0.
(2012-05-31, 23:12)kevjs1982 Wrote: Because dispite being the one that requested it I just went on auto pilot and did it the old fashioned way! (One advantage of the old way which I have just seen by trying it the proper way is that by pressing Exit (I think that's either Esc or Backspace) on my remote takes me back from a favourited link to the menu, doing it the proper way has me jumping through a few more pages (i.e. Playlists list, Playlist type list, Videos menu list) before getting back to the menu)

As for the version - 1.1.0.

That's why there is the home button now, I also didn't like the way it went back level by level. - Looking into where the extra backslash is coming from.
Edit The last link posted back a little, has a few bugfixes from v1.1.0, has to be installed via zip option though.

no need for a zip.. svn worked fine. which exact ones where of interest?
there is an aweful lots of em.. Smile

(2012-05-31, 22:41)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 20:45)wilson.joe Wrote: Where do I get Ronie's icon set.. that would be interesting to try out if it would be ok with him.

Transparency Icons - I've asked for permission a while ago for Convergence, but it would be polite to mention it again. if it's easier for you I've got them in a zip file somewhere Smile

which image is the frame around the videos? I was looking over Ronies images and I really like the movie-frame.png just a thought. they might look nice on the home screen.

edit: I found a place that might work episodematte.

there would have to be changes to the code to make it so the strip is outside
with the episode image in the middle.

I'm interested in all the "Default?Icon.png" stuff

Do you like "movie-frame.png" Smile not difficult to put in, it's just a case like the DVD's or CD's - we can test it and get everyone's opinion.

Actually a choice needs to be made over which DVD cases look the best. I'm not happy with the present 720 or HD case as it's too different to the others. I think the plain case being used ATM on the home panel should stay there but in the media views they could change - either to the cases I use in Convergence ( which show up now in the OSD screens) or to a better collection of the standard cases being used.

Another thing I thought looked quite good is a screenshot Mrmills sent me. Like the way the background runs back and then up

@Wilson.joe Have been playing with the movie-frame for you, but after looking at it I feel they're a bit heavy compared to the "light" cases on the other home panel items.

Posted screenie for others to comment Smile

(2012-06-01, 12:32)Mudislander Wrote: @Wilson.joe Have been playing with the movie-frame for you, but after looking at it I feel they're a bit heavy compared to the "light" cases on the other home panel

I would prefer that all the cases were "light" to give the homescreen the same look no matter what is showing

Would actually like the albums to have that clean frame as the addons have.
An album for me is a vinyl or a download, the cd case is long gone hereWink

That said, could the movie frame be used in a view somewhere ?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet Another Confluence Mod4