Best Backup Solution?
(2012-04-24, 01:32)littlepooch21 Wrote: okay what would be the cheapest route to go so i can get things set up asap?

http://ow.ly/1uaFv6
(2012-04-24, 02:27)skippy Wrote:
(2012-04-23, 22:44)littlepooch21 Wrote: sorry. what i meant is it going to slow my internet down a lot if i am watching something in xbmc and surfing the net if i have it set up this way?

I think it's fair to say that you will need a decent wifi router or preferably be hard wired, to stream your content within your network w/o any issues.

If you have the server connected to a hardwired gigabit network then you will not have any trouble at all. If you are planning to stream content over wifi then IMO you are asking for trouble. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's not something I would do or recommend to others. On my home network I have all my HTPCs and desktops connected to the network via hardwire at gigabit speeds and all my mobile devices (laptop, tablet, phones) connect via wifi. I do this with a wireless router and two gigabit switches. I've never had any issues.
(2012-04-24, 01:32)littlepooch21 Wrote: okay what would be the cheapest route to go so i can get things set up asap?

Oh man, you are about to have your eyes opened to a whole new world. Once you build your server you'll begin to discover all the additional things it can do for you besides just streaming movies. Good luck with your build. Don't forget that you can get a lot of helpful support/advice from the unraid forums as well.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
You can look into Storage Pooling on FlexRAID. Will consolidate multiple drives (different sizes and even just certain directories on drives) and expose them on your machine as one. If you're looking for data protection, FlexRAID can do that too, as well as unRAID, etc. Depends on if you want multiple machines, or if you're trying to keep everything in one box. What you're running for an OS will help drive your decision too.

[/quote]

Oh man, you are about to have your eyes opened to a whole new world. Once you build your server you'll begin to discover all the additional things it can do for you besides just streaming movies. Good luck with your build. Don't forget that you can get a lot of helpful support/advice from the unraid forums as well.
[/quote]

explain....=) i'm all new to this and want to learn as much as possible.
Well I'd start with a search of the following terms:

sabnzbd
Sickbeard
Couchpotato
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
(2012-04-24, 19:52)wsume99 Wrote: Well I'd start with a search of the following terms:

sabnzbd
Sickbeard
Couchpotato

yeah i already have all of the running right now. sickbeard is so sweet. makes life easy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Backup Solution?0