Scanline moving up the screen during 23.976 playback
Hi,

Not sure I am using the right terminology here when I say a "scanline" is moving up the screen? Basically, during playback of 23.976 content (with the TV having switched to 24p) I see a single very faint line moving slowly up the screen, I don't experience this watching the same content at with the TV switched to 60p.

I am running 64bit Arch Linux with XBMC 12.2 on a core2 duo CPU system with an Nvidia G210 512MB Graphics card with HDMI output to a Samsung UE42F5500AK LED TV. The Nvidia driver version is 319.32[/code]

I am using the xorg.conf linked below with an appropriate modeline for 23.976 playback taken from other XBMC forum articles.

http://pastebin.com/hv6Fx5Ax

In XBMC system>video>playback> I have the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" option enabled. Note that I do not have "Sync playback to display" enabled, the reason for this is, no matter which of the 3 options I choose for sync A/V sync method [Audio Clock, Video Clock(resample audio) or Video Clock(Drop/Dupe Audio)] all of these throw audio out-of-sync immediately. Audio only stays in sync if I have "Sync playback to display" disabled.

With the above settings in place, when I select a file with 23.976 content my TV switches to 24p mode and Xorg.0.log shows X switching to the correct 23.976 mode. xbmc-xrandr also shows the current playback mode as 23.97576

I have tried enabling Auto deinterlacing with Auto set as the deinterlacer during playback but this has no effect (not sure if it should to be honest, as I don't fully understand a lot of the video settings in XBMC).

Any guidance on this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanline moving up the screen during 23.976 playback0