Directors Cut / Theatrical Cut / Unrated Cut
Hi There XBMC Peoples.

While searching for a replacement for Windows Media Centre I stummbled upon XBMC.
And while i see a few things i would like to see changed (Thats only me, and i havent read through all the instructions yet so i might be able to do these things myself)
This program is Brilliant. I love it, so thank you to all those who are working on it. THANKS!

The little thing I would like to see, and i have looked around the forums, but cant see a concise answer.

I have around 2000 + Movies on my system and 40 or so Complete old tv series (Taking up 4tb of Hard Drives, and I need more).

Now all my movies are pretty much working great, as they are sorted into individual folders. Each folder containing

The Movie - 2012.avi (You guessed it, The Movie)
The Movie - 2012.jpg (The Movie Poster)
The Movie - 2012.jpeg (The DVD Cover)
The Movie - 2012.srt (Subtitles in SubRip Format)

The problem im having Arises when I have the same movie in different cuts

Star Wars A New Hope (OP) - 1977
Star Wars A New Hope (DC) - 1977

or

Blade Runner (FC) - 1982
Blade Runner (EC) - 1982
Blade Runner (TC) - 1982

I have these notes for different cuts in brackets after the movie title as you can see

(EC) Extended Cut
(FC) Final Cut
(TC) Theatrical Cut
(UR) Unrated Cut
(DC) Directors Cut
(OP) Original Print

Now that Ive told you my life story (Sorry for the rambling), I was wondering, Nay Hoping, that XBMC could be made to read these bracketed tags and maybe label the films somehow. Perhaps print over the top of the artwork "DIRECTORS CUT" or something similar. There are some coverart and fan art pics out there for these different cuts, but XBMC doesnt seem to be able to distinguish between the two. (Or Perhaps I've missed something, more likely)

Perhaps even these tags could be adjustable by the user and added to in the future, eg someone might like to add (FE) for Fan Edit to their version.
And i would guess that the tag in the brackets could be ignored by the Scrapers, so as not to interfere with how they work.

Anyway, I hope you can give my idea some thought. Thanks for the brilliant program, keep up the good work, and I'll help promote this wonderful program.

Cheers

OzDrDj
(Col)
Cool
I'd suggest you look into 'movie sets', this way they'd have one entry in your collection and then when you enter the set you'd have all the different version available. You'd need to also edit the NFO to add the different version label to the title.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets
Hi Hitcher, and thanks for your reply. Perhaps its just me, But Im not really interested in the sets thing. Each movie is a movie unto itself. Thus it deserves its own entry. (Just my thing I guess.)
And of course for certain movies, there is no reason to have a theatrical version as well as an extended version. Only in some cases.
I take for example, Blade Runner. While the Final Cut is very Good and contains extra scenes etc. The original Theatrical Cut contained Voice Overs by The lead Character which I alslo found Good and thought was lacking in the Final Cut. (Blade Runner fans will understand, but no nesc. agree), And of course, there is Star Wars A New Hope, Which looks really good now, with all its updates and extra effects and Remastered Audio and Visuals, But it also loses some of its Charm, Thus the original with its gritty effects is Awesome in its own right (Star Wars fans also will get this).
So these need to have their own entries in my opinion.
But also as I said, there are some movies, where the extended or directors cut or theatrical cut is fine on its own, and therefore would be nice for XBMC to say in the Movie List
"Whatever The Movie Title - 2012 (Directors Cut)"
just for example. I do hope this feature will be added in some form or another.
Cheers
OzDrDj
In that case just make your NFO files for those movies with the title you want ie Blade Runner (Directors Cut).
So we have to learn how to write code to use XBMC ? I know, im just being silly, editing an NFO file is easy. But really, using a program as great as this one is, eventually I wont have to.
After you scraped the movie just edit the titel.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok, So i tried to edit the title, but XBMC wont let me change the title. I am stuck with the scrapers title.

Hey Mr Developer.... Do you think i might get my feature added one day ? Can I, please please please.

Thanks, well in advance......

Cheers All
Context Menu > Edit Title.
Thanks Hitcher, easy when you know how. (Derr Me, how did i miss that).
No problem.

After that's done you can export the video library to separate files which will create NFO's with your changes in them for safe keeping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Directors Cut / Theatrical Cut / Unrated Cut1