Win XBMC 11.0 - Volume Constantly Rising
Greetings. I've installed XBMC 11.0 on an old Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop that is running Windows 7. Everything is working great except for one annoying thing. When I load the software, the volume bar appears in the upper right hand corner and never goes away. I started playing around and this is what I noticed.

-The volume bar constantly displays because the volume is constantly rising. If I hold down the minus (-) key, the volume will drop down, but it will slowly rise again little by little taking about 30 seconds to get back to full volume.
- I ran a keyboard program to see if any keys were stuck. Nope.
- I tried on Windows XP Pro and Windows 7. Same result on both.
- I ran Geexbox from a USB key and everything worked great, but there is not standby or hibernate functionality
- I tried XBMCbuntu and the software crawled to the point where it was unresponsive...but no volume bar.

I would like to run the software using Windows, but this volume bar is driving me nuts. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this error?

Best
Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a few minutes until the volume has risen a reasonable amount.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.
jhsrennie: Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/CJ3sX0GN

This line (repeated many times) sticks out to me, but not sure how to diagnose it. Like I said, there are no keys stuck on the keyboard:

CApplication::OnKey: equals (f03d) pressed
(2012-04-24, 19:09)skorpi0wn Wrote: This line (repeated many times) sticks out to me, but not sure how to diagnose it. Like I said, there are no keys stuck on the keyboard:

CApplication::OnKey: equals (f03d) pressed

Yes indeed. It looks like something is generating presses of the equals/+ key. XBMC sees the key being pressed and responds by raising the volume. You need to find out what is causing the key to be stuck down. It seems to be generating 2 presses a second, which looks like the autorepeat rate. This isn't going to be an XBMC problem. Something outside XBMC will be causing the problem. One thing I notice is that the unicode value for the keypress is set to zero and it should be 0x003d. This suggests you're getting an emulated keypress rather than a real press on the keyboard.

As a last resort you can disable the =/+ key by creating a keyboard.xml key mapping file and mapping <equals> to "noop", but it would be better to fix the problem at source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 - Volume Constantly Rising0