• 2(current)
The "A6-Pack" Build
(2012-04-24, 20:41)waver123 Wrote: Hmm your spike seems higher than mine, I don't think it ever goes more than 80 during boot process for me.

I think we need some A6-Pack fanclub stickers Smile

I love the new name!!!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Beer, now your box needs a custom paint job and label from your favorite 6 pack on it!
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

First minor issue ... Hookbag.ca sent me the wrong RAM. Hopefully the RMA process won't be painful. BTW, Beer, are you using the fan that comes with the case or just the CPU Cooler?
Oh, I also have one of these, assume this should work fine? Though it's big as hell.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW12V10A-120W-Ad...2568f2946d
i dunno about Hookbag.ca in general,
i feel their new in the business,
no the typical place i'd buy stuff tho...
but if u paid using PayPal, should be well covered if anything.

Beer40 does use the fan that comes with the case,
he set it to lowest speed using the controller in the back of the case...

however, he could have also removed it as his Big Shuriken is all he needs for cooling.

again, u got the wrong Power Brick specs...
i made a thread that xplains exactly the brick needed...
I am using the fan cage.... so yes its at the lowest setting in the back.... take a look at my first page on my build it says it all... temps and stuff.....

yes it can be used with out it...... but I do like the cage fan.... and its quiet too.... do you need another power brick? im using only the 65 watt that came with the case...
(2012-04-26, 04:49)eskro Wrote: again, u got the wrong Power Brick specs...

Was just saying I already had that brick on hand as I originally purchased it when I was thinking I'd go a PicoPSU route and another case. So was curious if it could be used if in fact I required something more than the 65W one that's all.

I may end up buying the 90W brick, but as Beer40oz mentions, it seems to be working fine with the 65oz. So I'm just curious to see if I ever run into issues with a 65w one, just for fun. The added cost doesn't bother me.
(2012-04-26, 14:05)Sdpbc Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 04:49)eskro Wrote: again, u got the wrong Power Brick specs...

Was just saying I already had that brick on hand as I originally purchased it when I was thinking I'd go a PicoPSU route and another case. So was curious if it could be used if in fact I required something more than the 65W one that's all.

I may end up buying the 90W brick, but as Beer40oz mentions, it seems to be working fine with the 65oz. So I'm just curious to see if I ever run into issues with a 65w one, just for fun. The added cost doesn't bother me.

Cool man try out the 65oz.... there is no problems ..... and i just watched more vids on it.... and also surfed the net (videos).... and watch netflix just to try it out.... played some small games... no prob.

Big Grin

husband: honey I'm going to get a A6-Pack
wife: really? but we've a lot of beers in the frig already.
husband: No not the beer! I read about this in the forum I'm going to build myself a A6-Pack!
wife: really? That' awesome so you'll be going to the gym?
husband: ......

husband: oh yeah, Virtual Flirty Girl Fitness, Here i come!!
(2012-04-27, 00:07)waver123 Wrote: wife: really? That' awesome so you'll be going to the gym?
4days/week and 1.3hr/day at the gym, you'll have 6-pack/big chest too......and you wife will thank you for it....Nod

I rarely miss this schedule at the gym.........Tongue

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-27, 00:07)waver123 Wrote: husband: honey I'm going to get a A6-Pack
wife: really? but we've a lot of beers in the frig already.
husband: No not the beer! I read about this in the forum I'm going to build myself a A6-Pack!
husband: ......

Oh man thank you for this! this made my day...... adding to my build..... LOL RoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128009
(2012-04-27, 03:49)bluray Wrote: 4days/week and 1.3hr/day at the gym, you'll have 6-pack/big chest too......and you wife will thank you for it....Nod

I maintain the 6 pack, the wife is supposed to maintain the big chest
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

big chest FTW!!!!!
(2012-04-27, 07:13)Mick1152 Wrote:
(2012-04-27, 03:49)bluray Wrote: 4days/week and 1.3hr/day at the gym, you'll have 6-pack/big chest too......and you wife will thank you for it....Nod

I maintain the 6 pack, the wife is supposed to maintain the big chest
If you lift weight and run 4days/week as I do, you'll have 6-pack ab and bigger chest too......Tongue
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The "A6-Pack" Build0