• 7(current)
The "A6-Pack" Build
Well, turns out that didn't work out so well. Now I get these odd scan lines periodically flashing on the screen (looks like static). Almost like the video card is on the fritz. But only when in 1920x1080. 1280x1024 appear to work fine. Hmmm ... refresh rate maybe?

Tried downloading the AMD Catalyst driver auto detect, installed that driver and no change.
Try a different HDMI cable, maybe?

I have a plasma from 2007 and it doesn't have a 1:1 mode so I have to do the scaling adjustment in ATI or Intel GFX too.
whats your PLASMA model?
(2012-05-13, 03:33)Sdpbc Wrote: Well, turns out that didn't work out so well. Now I get these odd scan lines periodically flashing on the screen (looks like static). Almost like the video card is on the fritz. But only when in 1920x1080. 1280x1024 appear to work fine. Hmmm ... refresh rate maybe?

Tried downloading the AMD Catalyst driver auto detect, installed that driver and no change.
Try these settings-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-13, 06:38)eskro Wrote: whats your PLASMA model?

Samsung PN58A550

Will try another hdmi cable but this is a new one already.
Blu- it isn't just in xbmc where I see the scan lines or whatever they are, it is also in windows. Only when I select 1920x1280. Goes away if I select lower resolutions.

Hoping it is not the integrated graphics card on the fritz.
is your HTPC running in 60Hz ?
(2012-05-13, 15:27)Sdpbc Wrote: Blu- it isn't just in xbmc where I see the scan lines or whatever they are, it is also in windows. Only when I select 1920x1280. Goes away if I select lower resolutions.

Hoping it is not the integrated graphics card on the fritz.
I don't think that there is anything wrong with your GPU, but it is possible.....try these-

1. If you have AVR between HTPC and HDTV, you can set it to pass-thru video....
2. Set CCC video quality as shown below-

If the above doesn't work, you can try to wipe out GPU driver by un-intall it and re-install it afterward......

Thanks, will try a few other things when I get a chance in the next couple days, and possibly bring the unit upstairs to see if the same issues arise on my 32" Sony LCD..
(2012-05-09, 02:02)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 01:58)Sdpbc Wrote: Beer - while I'm waiting for it to come in the mail, how does one setup the ipazzport to start from an off position?

Mmmm bios .....

Finally got the keyboard, and of course the power on from an off state does'nt work. Works fine if i use my standard non wireless keyboard but just wont work if i use the ipazzport. tried enabling both usb keyboard and mouse power on options from the BIOS, no luck. Any ideas?

(2012-05-16, 03:49)Sdpbc Wrote: Finally got the keyboard, and of course the power on from an off state does'nt work. Works fine if i use my standard non wireless keyboard but just wont work if i use the ipazzport. tried enabling both usb keyboard and mouse power on options from the BIOS, no luck. Any ideas?
Is your bios "1.40"?

It suppose to improve-
1. Update CPU code.
2. Improve USB mouse function.

Not sure, though the improvements don't seem to imply it would improve the keyboard USB enable from Power off.

Seems to be something to do with using a wireless USB as it works fine if I plug in a wired keyboard into the front USB port. So I'm wondering if only specific USB ports work with the power on function. Can't recall if I had my ipazzport plugged into the USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 rear ports.

Or if possibly it's still looking for the wired keyboard even though I'm not using it and thinking that is the main keyboard.

Odd anyhow.

So far I'm not a huge fan of the mouse pad on the iPazzport keyboard. It's a bit finnicky, and on a 60" screen isn't the easiest to maneuver . Will have to try some different settings and/or see if it's just something that takes time getting used to.
Well, been running trouble free for a while now. But noticed today when I checked my System memory in the control panel it show 4mg installed but only 1.73 is usable?

In the BIOS it shows 4 mb installed as "single channel memory mode"? Thought this should be dual channel since I have 2 sticks of Ballistix? Certainly shows both sticks as 2048mb.

Checked to see in msconfig, boot tab, advanced settings that the memory box was unchecked and it was. Even tried checking it and setting it to 4 mb but no luck.

Any ideas?

I am running win7 ultimate 64 bit, sp1.
Ugh...searching google, seems it is either a "remapping" function in the bios which I don't see, or bent pins on the mobo. May have to pull the CPU out to check at some point I guess. Sure seems weird to be bent pins!
Bump?
Well if you have 4 gigs.... 512 is shared by the video remember that.... single channel.... that is a good question.
Checked my BIOS...... 4096 with 512mb shared...

Dual Channel Memroy Mode
2048 1866
2048 1866

UEFI Version 1.50
Beer .. What does your system say for usable memory in the System section of the control panel?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The "A6-Pack" Build0