• 8(current)
The "A6-Pack" Build
Computer Properties

Installed Memory (RAM) 4.00GB (3.48 GB usable)

64 bit
So clearly something's up with mine given you have double the usable even though we both have 4 installed. Guess I'll be checking for bent pins on the CPU when I get the chance.
Bent pins? how did that happen? Maybe one of your RAM modules is going bad?

You can test your memory with this.... installs to USB.... maybe you already knew....

http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20/mem...taller.zip

That me test also only saw 1.7gb of RAM. Opened her up an swapped the ram, same thing. Pulled out the CPU and yup, there was a bent pin. Unfortunately trying to bend it back upright caused it to snap off. Still seems to work fine though. Next step will be to try a single stick in each slot to see if it is the mobo. Odd.
Bummer man... bent pins.... Sad
Based on this video, I must have lucked out since the desktop still boots up fine with no issues. So likely a ground pin or non-essential pin that broke off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdDccsbv5hA

So next step is still to see whether one of the two Mobo memory slots is not working.
How on earth did you manage to bend a pin during installationHuh
... didn't see this before. No idea!

But in positive news, I recently reset the memory and all is good now. Smile
Just thought I'd update the thread. I don't use the HTPC a ton (a few times a week and only for streaming), but thus far no issues with the stock power supply and zero issues with the OCZ hard drive (I also have one on my laptop which I use constantly and have had no issues over a year in).

Knock on wood ... Wink
Good to know Sdpbc....

Nice to hear everything is well.... I use my A6-PACK everyday..... and no problems.

Happy Holidays...
Curious for those who build this and/or are using this MoBo, is anyone having issues with HDMI handshakes?

I started using this box again (haven't in a long time as my Pivos Xios served my XBMC needs fine) and I find if I don't have the TV powered on, and in the right input BEFORE I power on the HTPC, the TV never gets the signal. I.e., if I turn the HTPC on, then turn the TV, I get a no signal message and the only way around it is to unplug the HTPC and plug it back in, sometimes I have to do it two or three times before the TV recognizes the signal.

Typically if I have the TV on first and in the right input, then turn on the HTPC I rarely have issues (sometimes I still do, but much more rare).

It's the same whether I'm using it on my Samsung Plasma, or Sony LCD, and have tried different cables, etc.

So curious if others have the same issue?
I just recently built a new AMD Kabini HTPC and while testing it out for a while using it as a bedroom HTPC I noticed the same issue. I think it's the latest drivers. I didn't rollback but instead tried the HDMI pin 19 trick (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1357945) and it worked fine except for occasional HDCP errors trying to watch Live TV in Windows Media Center.

We're back to using Intel (a C1007U) for the bedroom HTPC now...
Odd, as the link seems to refer to some other issue. Do I block it on both ends of the cable?
(2014-04-01, 18:49)Sdpbc Wrote: Curious for those who build this and/or are using this MoBo, is anyone having issues with HDMI handshakes?

I started using this box again (haven't in a long time as my Pivos Xios served my XBMC needs fine) and I find if I don't have the TV powered on, and in the right input BEFORE I power on the HTPC, the TV never gets the signal. I.e., if I turn the HTPC on, then turn the TV, I get a no signal message and the only way around it is to unplug the HTPC and plug it back in, sometimes I have to do it two or three times before the TV recognizes the signal.

Typically if I have the TV on first and in the right input, then turn on the HTPC I rarely have issues (sometimes I still do, but much more rare).

It's the same whether I'm using it on my Samsung Plasma, or Sony LCD, and have tried different cables, etc.

So curious if others have the same issue?
If you don't want to have these issues, you can install this "Gefen HDmi Detective Plus- good to have for HTPC"....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-04-01, 21:55)Sdpbc Wrote: Odd, as the link seems to refer to some other issue. Do I block it on both ends of the cable?

You said when the TV is turned off but the HTPC is turned on, turning the TV on again you get no signal, right? This would be no different than changing inputs.

The HTPC end is sufficient and it's free to try.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The "A6-Pack" Build0