• 5(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
Cool, thanks Olympia

Also just a heads up. I have all trailer sources selected and 1080p quality and
when I scrape "Journey 2 The Mysterious Island (2012)" it does not find a trailer.
In the exported nfo it says the title is "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (2012)"
could the colon in the title be the problem and if so is there a why to fix this.
It also had problems finding the fanart.
No, concerning the trailer, it wasn't the colon, but this should be fixed by now.
Hd-trailers-net common scraper library should be silently update itself in the background if auto-update is enabled (you will NOT see a notification about this) in a couple of hours.

I can't see how could be an issue with the fanart. Can you be more specific about this?
(2012-05-24, 09:12)olympia Wrote: No, concerning the trailer, it wasn't the colon, but this should be fixed by now.
Hd-trailers-net common scraper library should be silently update itself in the background if auto-update is enabled (you will NOT see a notification about this) in a couple of hours.

I can't see how could be an issue with the fanart. Can you be more specific about this?

When I updated my library Journey 2 did not show any fanart even though I had all options for
fanart enable. When I hit Info and went to get thumb they were obviously scraped because
there were several remote thumbs to chose from, I picked one and it showed up no problem.
Just to clarify none were applied automatically, this same behaviour happened with the movie
Goon also.
If posters/fanarts were scraped, but none got set automatically, then it's not a scraper's fault (but again, I couldn't reproduce on Eden stable at least).
(2012-05-23, 20:52)olympia Wrote: How did you create the .nfo file? Have you actually re-exported the library to separate files after scraping with the Universal scraper?
What do you see on the movie info panel?

(I can't reproduce the issue btw)

My workflow is like this:

1) scrape movie using universal scraper
2) notice the certification flag is not showing
3) export database to separate files (only missing ones)
4) look inside the nfo that has been produced

Its at this point I see what has gone wrong. Instead of using the UK: I put in the input box, it still uses Rated
Weird - as said, I can't reproduce this.
I've put 'UK:" in the prefix field and on the movie info panel I see 'UK:15' for the above mentioned movie.

Can you try with Confluence skin *after resetting all the scraper settings*?

(2012-05-24, 10:30)olympia Wrote: If posters/fanarts were scraped, but none got set automatically, then it's not a scraper's fault (but again, I couldn't reproduce on Eden stable at least).

For the record I am running ubuntu 11.10, git version 366a1f4 from 5/20/12, mysql database version MyVideos64.

Also is there anyway to make an option to export movie trailers to local movie folder, if I set trailers to 1080p
they tend to buffer for a while before starting to play even with broadband but they play fine locally.
If not no big deal I will just have to use 720p.

Once again thanks for all your help.
(2012-05-24, 20:09)lastimp Wrote: Also is there anyway to make an option to export movie trailers to local movie folder, if I set trailers to 1080p
they tend to buffer for a while before starting to play even with broadband but they play fine locally.

Unfortunatelly no, I would badly want to see something like this myself too, but this would need to be done in XBMC core, cannot be tackled on scraper addon level.
(2012-05-24, 22:25)olympia Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 20:09)lastimp Wrote: Also is there anyway to make an option to export movie trailers to local movie folder, if I set trailers to 1080p

Unfortunatelly no, I would badly want to see something like this myself too, but this would need to be done in XBMC core, cannot be tackled on scraper addon level.

I have something working for Frodo Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Lightbulb 
I love this scraper... especially now with trakt.tv and fanart.tv integration! I would like to see this concept for a TV metadata scraper... using trakt.tv for various metadata and fanart.tv and thetvdb.com the posters / fanart / thumbs / etc. Does this sound like something you will plan for the near future? if you are busy or have no interest in this, I could copy a clone of it and work on converting what you have to tv relevant scraping. I'm still learning so I can't promise I will be of much help but I'm more than happy to help as much as I can.

I mainly would like this for tv episode metadata... currently thetvdb.com scraper doesn't provide guest stars from the episode available in the episodes actor list. One idea I had to get this started was to clone the imdb.com scraper to simply retrieve this info... I know thetvdb provides imdb id's through their API so it shouldn't be too much trouble. Now with trakt.tv metadata this may be unnecessary (that is if their API will provide the episodes guest star list).

Anyway let me know what you think, so if your not interested I can get started reading more into scraper development for XBMC.... Do you have a working location on github or google code that I could create a fork of the project?

Thanks for all your work with this!
To be honest no, I am not really interested. Thetvdb.com does a great job for me. What I would look at is the inclusion of new image types from fanart.tv, but that would require XBMC core changes first.

I am more interested in music, hence my focus is on this at the moment (not that this is easy due to the lack of good sources).

The official scraper repo is here:
http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitw...c/scrapers
I was also thinking the fanart.tv images would be great... what changes are needed for xbmc's core? I'm assuming it's the ability to make use of the extra images (ie. clearart, logo, etc...) Is that generally the idea? Until/If those changes are made would it still be possible to at least download the images? If I'm understanding, these images currently require a skin that can make use/sense of the filenames/types... sorry for the trouble, i'm just wanting to see if that would be worth the trouble?

It would be nice if I could get it working for tv shows/episodes using fanart.tv's image sources at the same time that XBMC finds and scrapes the new episode... rather that relying on the ArtworkDownloader service to run every 12hrs or whatever... so what i'm trying to basicly ask is, are these core changes required BEFORE the scraper could be setup to download them (logo,clearart,etc)?

Making it work with music will be great... thanks for your input.
(2012-05-26, 09:34)akuiraz Wrote: so what i'm trying to basicly ask is, are these core changes required BEFORE the scraper could be setup to download them (logo,clearart,etc)?

Yes. No download is possible during scraping with XBMC's scraper engine (nor it will be in the future probably). A scraper is only scraping the image links and store it in the Db then XBMC can make use of them. The trouble is that currently there is no Db fields are available for these new image types. The fields itselves would only be the first step (probably not a big deal, however I am not a core developer), but then those fields needs to be made accessible to the scrapers to populate with the links.
So is it possible to configure it to use tmdb for grabbing US certifications? When configured to use imdb there is an option to chose which country, when tmdb is selected for this, there is no option.
currently not possible
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9