• 54(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2013-12-09, 03:28)wgstarks Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 22:42)EGOvoruhk Wrote:
(2013-08-22, 01:20)SorryGoFish Wrote: The wrong title is getting scraped for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/ - Instead of "Star Trek" it's getting "Star Trek (IMAX DMR version)". Thanks.

Same here, which is very weird, since that title only exists for the "Hong Kong (English title) (IMAX version)" AKA: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/releaseinfo

FYI: My "Preferred Title Language" is set to USA/International

Maybe there's an issue with what IMDb is broadcasting as the title?

I used an NFO file to fix this. Just place the imdb url for the correct video in the file.

Do you have the <title> option set in your NFO? Because the issue isn't that it pulls the wrong IMDb title, it's that it's pulling the wrong title from the correct IMDb link. I have NFO files set up for all of my movies
You can edit the displayed title in the contextual menu or enter it in the NFO file.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-12-09, 15:29)wgstarks Wrote: You can edit the displayed title in the contextual menu or enter it in the NFO file.

I'm well aware of that. I'm asking if you have the <title> set in your NFO to fix it, or if it scraped correctly somehow. This is the only movie I have that scrapes a different title even though it's pointed to the correct URL, and I'm wondering if it's a global issue, or just a select few of us
Odd are high that this is an issue with the scraper what cannot be fixed due to the very diverse way IMDb is displaying the titles.
If this is the only one movie you have the issue with, is it worth the hassle and noise here?

Anyway, you could use the English title from TMDb, probably it's more reliable.
(2013-12-10, 10:17)EGOvoruhk Wrote:
(2013-12-09, 15:29)wgstarks Wrote: You can edit the displayed title in the contextual menu or enter it in the NFO file.

I'm well aware of that. I'm asking if you have the <title> set in your NFO to fix it, or if it scraped correctly somehow. This is the only movie I have that scrapes a different title even though it's pointed to the correct URL, and I'm wondering if it's a global issue, or just a select few of us

I had exactly the same issue with this movie. I corrected the problem by editing the title from the contextual menu. I agree with Olympia that this is probably a quirk with the imdb website.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
@EGOvoruhk: this is not an issue with UMS but with IMDB's database field for USA/International title tag for Star Trek (2009), however they have the correct tag field for the original tittle. There are several work-arounds as the fellows here have suggested to you. I will add a third work-around, in case you want to keep scraping with UMS, to increase your options: go to your sources --> movie folder of this specific movie --> change content --> settings and for 'get title from' select IMDB, and for 'Preferred Title Language from' select 'Original'. Refresh your movie under Information pane for the movie. That will retrieve the correct original title for that movie as well as all updated info every time you want to refresh.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Is it somehow possible to respect an IMDB ID which is included in the filename for scraping?
I used to use MediaPortal with the Moving Pictures plug-in which perfectly does this.

I have once renamed all my movies and that does the job. No need for cluttering the movie folder with hundreds of .nfos...
They are named in this pattern: Title (tt1234567).avi
An example would be: "Spawn (tt0120177).avi"

I mean, why should it not respect that info if it is already there in the cleanest way I can imagine?
This naming convention (which is also respected by some other applications like Media Companion) makes it 100% accurate with scraping and has to be done only once...

Rename, forget and be cross-compatible forever...

Will simply editing an .xml do the job for me or is there some more fiddling involved?
If I can do it myself, could you please quickly guide me on how to do it?
If I try to scrape the way they are currently named I get about 75% wrong identfications (don't ask me why).

Thanks for any help regarding this!

Greetz, Unr3aL67

EDIT: HERE is a thread where someone found a way to do this with the IMDB scraper.
Since it is marked as broken and does not work I couldn't even try it...
You can have a one line .nfo files that points to the imdb url.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I know, that's what I wanted to avoid...
I don't find it very aesthetic to have double the files in my collection, when I already have the id in the filename...

Do you think it would be hard to change that in the xml? In fact, many users coming from Media Portal follow that naming convention...

Greetz, Unr3aL67
olympia, you have some plan in a near future to support scraping TMDB TV Shows?

The TVDB system is ancient and very bureaucratic. They lock previous seasons and old series, to edit you need request in they boards sending the translation or with luck to be invited for the "trusted translators" group, where by request they unlock the show/season/episodes for you edit. Both way, you need to wait hours or few days. Reporting issues also is complicated, there is no way to edit posters language, even for the moderators.

TMDB system is much more solid, reliable, modern. The users has almost full control about editing, is rare need to contact the moderators. The actual tv shows content lacks a lot community translation and artshow compared to tvdb, but as this section is relatively new, give it time.

I know XBMC community is supporting The TVDB closely, but let's be honest, they system stopped in time.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Yes, scudlee is working on this as far as I am concerned... Smile
okay since youtube is blocked in my country, i need to stream trailers from HD-Trailers or some other source. however, whenever i disable youtube trailers and prefer trailers from HD-Trailers, the trailer button in the movie information page seems to be gone, it is there when i have selected youtube trailers. do i need another plugin or addon ? .. i tried HD-Trailers Addon but it shows up seperately in video add-ons. i want to integrate trailers from a source other than youtube in my library(movie information page)

ive tried setting up with both universal Movie scraper and TMDB scraper but the situation is the same.

another question ive to ask is how do i setup my library to pick up locally downloaded trailers ? .. please help me out

thanks ...
(2014-01-02, 12:55)faizy Wrote: another question ive to ask is how do i setup my library to pick up locally downloaded trailers ? .. please help me out

thanks ...

Name the downloaded trailer as moviename-trailer.ext and place it in the same folder with your movie file. You'll have to refresh the movie in the info window for the trailer to get added to the database.
hmm that worked for local trailers .... thanks alot

now about streaming trailers from HD trailers. How do i setup that ? .. ive been messing around the options but i can see the trailer button only when i enable trailers from youtube . otherwise there is no trailer button over there ,,, and youtube doesnt work for me(since its blocked). i feel im doing something wrong in the settings :/ ..
If you enable youtube trailers but set it to prefer hdtrailers won't that do what you want?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9