• 6(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
Hi Smile

How can i grab "french language" bios from last fm with this addon ?

Before i used Yoyo-musicbrainz scrapper which had "language" setting for lastfm grabs.

Thanks

It's not implemented yet (.. but it's coming soon).
For Univerersal Scraper for Artists please use the following thread (this one is for movies).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132623
Thanks Smile
(2012-05-29, 21:15)gabbott Wrote: So is it possible to configure it to use tmdb for grabbing US certifications? When configured to use imdb there is an option to chose which country, when tmdb is selected for this, there is no option.

that's done (however it was only possible to grab us certification till today. Now you can select country, but still US is the default).

(2012-06-01, 21:18)olympia Wrote:
(2012-05-29, 21:15)gabbott Wrote: So is it possible to configure it to use tmdb for grabbing US certifications? When configured to use imdb there is an option to chose which country, when tmdb is selected for this, there is no option.

that's done (however it was only possible to grab us certification till today. Now you can select country, but still US is the default).

Thanks, works great with the update. For some reason it wasn't pulling US certifications for me previously.
I just discovered this addon and love it.
To understand it better I started to read this topic.
I also encountered some problems with the family saga "starwars" guy
But, they are very rare and solvable problems.

For example, "Blue Harvest" or "Something, Something, Something, Dark Side," no scrapers it is but we know it's there
Solution: Edit the title manually during the scraping, delete everything and write:

or tt0888817 or tt1329665

and ... magic ...
is it possible to include metacritic rating scrape into this add on...becoz the metacritic rating is displayed in imdb itself..so like w can scrape tomatometer as well as average rating from RT, it would be great if we can scrape both imdb as well as metacritic rating from IMDB

the tomatometer rating of the following movies are not being scraped..however the IMDB ratings are scraped...

Furry Vengeance (2010)
All the King's Men (2006)
The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005)
War (2007)
First Sunday (2008)
Dracula 2000 (2000)
Hitman (2007)
The Wicker Man (2006)
Eragon (2006)
Domino (2005)
Return to House on Haunted Hill (2007)
Shadow Dead Riot (2006)
The Terror (1963)
P.S. I Love You (2007)
Van Helsing (2004)
Barb Wire (1996)
Paper Man (2009)
High Crimes (2002)
Tau man ji D (2005)
Over the Top (1987)
Rogues Gallery (2010)
Ladder 49 (2004)
Callas Forever (2002)
Damien Omen II (1978)
Why Did I Get Married (2007)
The Perfect Storm (2000)
Ajeossi (2010)
Devil (2010)
Lucky Number Slevin (2006)
The World Is Not Enough (1999)
Transporter 2 (2005)
Four Brothers (2005)
The Notebook (2004)
The Crater Lake Monster (1977)
Morning Glory (2010)
Glory Road (2006)
Mission Impossible II (2000)
Transformers (2007)
I Robot (2004)
Lockdown (2000)
Lymelife (2008)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)
Legends of the Fall (1994)
Salt (2009)
Out of Time (2003)
Versus (2000)
Child's Play (1988)
Pineapple Express (2008)
Romeo + Juliet (1996)
Monsters (2010)
Bubble (2005)
Huo Yuan Jia (2006)
Banlieue 13 - Ultimatum (2009)
Dark City (1998)
I Sell the Dead (2008)
The Water Horse (2007)
Sunshine (2007)
The Negotiator (1998)
Sama wozu (2009)
Friday (1995)
Mystic Pizza (1988)
The Thing (1982)
The Children (2008)
The Great Debaters (2007)
There's Something About Mary (1998)
Tai ji Zhang San Feng (1993)
Wonder Woman (2009)
Fast Company (1979)
Twelve Monkeys (1995)
Spider-Man (2002)
Knocked Up (2007)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)
Blade Runner (1982)
Enter the Dragon (1973)
Yip Man 2 (2010)
Lat sau san taam (1992)
Ying xiong (2002)
Yi yi (2000)
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
The Incredibles (2004)
The Player (1992)
(2012-06-03, 17:31)sarakum Wrote: is it possible to include metacritic rating scrape into this add on...becoz the metacritic rating is displayed in imdb itself..so like w can scrape tomatometer as well as average rating from RT, it would be great if we can scrape both imdb as well as metacritic rating from IMDB

I will add this.

(2012-06-03, 17:31)sarakum Wrote: the tomatometer rating of the following movies are not being scraped..however the IMDB ratings are scraped...

The IMDb ID is incorrectly registered on RT for these movies, so the scraper cannot find them. Nothing we can do abou this.
So been playing around with this scraper and one thing I noticed, if using IMDB for US certifications that on some movies the rating is scraped with an inaccurate rating. Well, that's not entirely true, but for example this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0277371/

The certification it retrieves is TV-PG for an edited version as it finds that first, however the MPAA rating is more accurate for the original cut of the film. I've noticed some other titles that this happens with as well. I believe the IMDB scraper itself was scraping the MPAA rating and not the certification. The problem with only scraping the MPAA rating I noticed is that any G rated titles don't get the rating scraped. They only seem to when scraping using certification as the universal scraper does.

Anyway, wasn't sure if it was possible in the scraper for when US is selected for certification for it to prefer MPAA rating and fall back to US certification if MPAA rating doesn't exist. Hope this makes sense.

Or maybe it's more trouble than it's worth since it's just the way IMDB has their data and one fix is I could start using themoviedb exclusively for certifications. Smile
This is a fantastic scraper and is my new default. Just a shame about the fact that RT lacks IMDb mappings for so many movies... That makes TomatoMeter rating mode useless because 30% of the movies cannot be found. Could this be solved by making it do a 2nd round of matching at RT if no matching IMDb ID existed?

Step 1: Get title, year, tt from IMDb
Step 2: Query RT
Step 3: If nothing for that tt, query RT for the clean title + year received from IMDb
Step 4: If sure about the match (year and title is the same), assume the RT result is the same; or if multiple results, pop up a selection dialog for the user.

Would that be doable? For now, I've reverted to IMDb ratings, but still enjoy the scraper a lot. Thanks for letting me combine different sources for plots, ratings, trailers, art, etc! Just wishing TomatoMeter could be my default rating system (the idiot masses at IMDb don't exactly put in quality votes).

Edit: Here's a more elaborate idea:

Step 1: Get title, year, tt from IMDb
Step 2: Query RT
Step 3: If nothing for that tt, query RT for the clean title + year received from IMDb (grab the ENGLISH title at all times)
Step 4: For all movies where the year and title matches (use the ENGLISH title at all times), download the cast list and compare it to the cast list downloaded from IMDb; if they're very similar (comparing only top-billed cast like the first five actors in IMDbs list, which is sorted by fame, so you'll be sure those five should ALL be listed at RT too), you've got a year, title and cast match and can assume the movie is a completely correct match.
This is not possible to achieve on scraper level.
Yes, this is a pitty, but I beleive the community at the end can create enough push on RT to correct these issues.
(2012-06-06, 09:33)olympia Wrote: This is not possible to achieve on scraper level.
Yes, this is a pitty, but I beleive the community at the end can create enough push on RT to correct these issues.

Aww that's bad news. Can't the scraper python code do an independent http request to RT and do the parsing steps I described? If that was possible, it *would* be possible to super accurately find the movie even though there is no IMDB TT id.
Hehh? So you asked me the same question again if I understand you correctly? Do you want me to answer again?
(scraper code is not python btw, it's not even real code. It's only some logic and a bunch of regular expressions)
(2012-06-06, 09:38)john.doe Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 09:33)olympia Wrote: This is not possible to achieve on scraper level.

Aww that's bad news. Can't the scraper python code do an independent http request to RT and do the parsing steps I described? If that was possible, it *would* be possible to super accurately find the movie even though there is no IMDB TT id.

Why don't you just make sure RT is fixed?
I hate the idea of creating some work around instead of fixing the main issue. Sure it takes some time however that way you have a way more accurate result for now and in the future
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-06-06, 10:41)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 09:38)john.doe Wrote:

Why don't you just make sure RT is fixed?
I hate the idea of creating some work around instead of fixing the main issue. Sure it takes some time however that way you have a way more accurate result for now and in the future

Wow, you make it sound so easy. "Just fix RottenTomatoes". Yeah, let's all fix the nearly 1 million movies listed at RT, going through them one by one and ensuring that they all have an IMDb link. Geeze. Sounds so easy when you put it like that.

Call me when you are done with that.

In the meantime, it is a GREAT idea to use the method I described; you would get 100% accuracy in the matching if done the way I mentioned.
* Grab English title and Year at IMDb
* If that IMDb ID does not exist at RT, do a RT search for English title + Year
* Select top 5 actors ("top billed", ranked by fame at IMDb) from IMDb's cast list and use that to ensure that they are all also found at RT, thus guaranteeing that you did indeed find a 100% accurate match for the exact movie
* Use the RT info we now have access to.
* ACTUALLY SOLVE THE ISSUE AND CREATE A USABLE SCRAPER INSTEAD OF DREAMING ABOUT MANUALLY EDITING THE METADATA OF NEARLY A MILLION MOVIES AT RT.

The last point is the most important one. Rofl In an ideal world, we could fix RT and link every single movie to its IMDb ID, but in reality it's just too much work. So by doing this very accurate workaround, we'd have an accurate scraper either way. In fact the scraper could log messages suggesting that the person contributes the IMDb <-> RT connection it has found for each movie where no such connection existed.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9