• 62(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2014-11-22, 19:43)jackhulk Wrote: Thank you. I understand what you are saying, but recent versions of MMA did download artwork (see thread), but currently that option is not working. As such I wondered if anyone knew of another working app that could automatically download art work.

Does anyone know the answers to my other questions please, or is everyone else in the dark like me here?

I've no idea what MMA refers to, but if you mean Movie Set Artwork Automator (MSAA) then you're wrong. MSAA has never - and probably will never - download Set artwork. It's sole purpose is to automate the assignment of your *existing* *local* Set artwork to your Movie Sets. This is the note in the first post in the MSAA thread:
Quote:Note: This is not a scraper, it just uses existing artwork that, if like me, you have painstakingly downloaded, processed and organised with your media.

It's possible that someone has forked MSAA and added some TMDB scraping option - that addon (MovieSetArt-Frodo) is discussed in the MSAA thread, but should really have it's own discussion thread if the author is serious about supporting it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
'MMA'...I was just referring to what wgstarks called it.

I just skimmed the 'MSAA' thread and came across this post...

(2014-10-19, 19:11)EtgarDizz Wrote: Since there's no link for code, I uploaded to GitHub and branched out.
Welcome to download and try with the new TMDB-download feature (make sure to use the new branch).
@trentf & all: feedback is welcome!

TODO: improve the selectlist in dialog_msg, to display icon images.
That way the user could preview the collection in the collection selection dialog. Also will be used to add ability to choose the downloaded artwork.

https://github.com/amitkeret/script.movi...MDBartwork

Downloaded and installed this, and this version does have 'Get artwork info from TMDB' option, but it's currently not working. Sorry I did not know this was a 'forked' version, because until just now, I did not know what 'forked' meant. Perhaps it's best I open a new thread asking if anyone knows if there is an addon to automatically download set artwork, and get back to my main questions regarding Universal Movie Scraper. If someone could answer the following questions, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

(2014-11-20, 22:27)jackhulk Wrote: Is there any where that explained the settings in full please? Wiki just links to here. Most of the settings are self explanatory, but some I'm not sure of. For example...

Get keywords and save as tags from themoviedb.org
What are the benefits of this, and will the tags be saved to NFO on library export?

Trailer Sources
Can I select all three so that if trailer isn't found on one of the sites, it will search the others? If I can select all three, which one will it use by default?

Search Engine to Use
What does this do exactly? I mean when would a user, and how does a user use this?

Thank you
You might try creating an issue on Github as well, since the author doesn't have a support thread.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi

Is it possible to create a blank .nfo file with the same name as the movie file and then just enter the URL to the title on the MovieDB website?

I'm trying to add this title: http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/274031-s...s-material

For problem titles I can manually create .nfo files like this and use IMDB URLs and that works OK.

However when trying to use a MovieDB URL it doesn't seem to work and the title is not correctly added in to the library.

I thought this worked at one point?

Thanks
(2014-11-25, 17:06)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Is it possible to create a blank .nfo file with the same name as the movie file and then just enter the URL to the title on the MovieDB website?

I'm trying to add this title: http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/274031-s...s-material

For problem titles I can manually create .nfo files like this and use IMDB URLs and that works OK.

However when trying to use a MovieDB URL it doesn't seem to work and the title is not correctly added in to the library.

I thought this worked at one point?

Thanks

According to the wiki this should work. The claim there is that it works for any url. It's never worked for me though with any url's other than IMDB and TVDB.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Is there a way / display to find out how many items are left to be scraped?

When I click "Update data base" are the existing nfo files, images of movies, series overwritten or skipped? Could I change that behvaviour (overwriting or not)?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
(2014-11-25, 23:11)Dirki Wrote: Is there a way / display to find out how many items are left to be scraped?

When I click "Update data base" are the existing nfo files, images of movies, series overwritten or skipped? Could I change that behvaviour (overwriting or not)?

Missing Movies Scanner

Update just updates the XBMC database not the nfo's. Nothing in your video library is overwritten.
Many thanks wgstarks,

For the link, also.

Very sorry for my bad expression, what I meant was, while UMS is scanning I would like to know how many items are still to come, how many movies, series (or how much time it will need) it will scan until it has finished.

<<<<<Update just updates the XBMC database not the nfo's. Nothing in your video library is overwritten.
It is done by that item in the conext menu "Update data base" or library, is that right?

Many thanks again.
(2014-11-26, 01:10)Dirki Wrote: Many thanks wgstarks,

For the link, also.

Very sorry for my bad expression, what I meant was, while UMS is scanning I would like to know how many items are still to come, how many movies, series (or how much time it will need) it will scan until it has finished.
Not currently possible as far as I know.

(2014-11-26, 01:10)Dirki Wrote: <<<<<Update just updates the XBMC database not the nfo's. Nothing in your video library is overwritten.
It is done by that item in the conext menu "Update data base" or library, is that right?

Many thanks again.

In many skins you can also do it from Movies and TV Shows.
<<<< Not currently possible as far as I know.
OK, it would be convenient to know how many items there are still to be scraped especially when a scan lasts 1, 2 days.

<<<<<< In many skins you can also do it from Movies and TV Shows.
That would update all of the sources, I assume. And if a source is not available, because e.g. an external drive is not plugged in all of the movies, series are removed from the data base, if I am right.
(2014-11-26, 12:28)Dirki Wrote: <<<< Not currently possible as far as I know.
OK, it would be convenient to know how many items there are still to be scraped especially when a scan lasts 1, 2 days.

<<<<<< In many skins you can also do it from Movies and TV Shows.
That would update all of the sources, I assume. And if a source is not available, because e.g. an external drive is not plugged in all of the movies, series are removed from the data base, if I am right.

No. Gotham and later versions of Kodi will not update or clean a missing source. Also, you should get a prompt of what you want to do for videos that are missing when you clean the library. Clean and Update are 2 seperate functions in Kodi, however they can occur in sequence depending on your settings. Not sure if this is still true in Helix. It may always clean your library after an update.
<<<<<No. Gotham and later versions of Kodi will not update or clean a missing source.
There should be a setting (once there has been one), that enables updating / cleaning all of the sources when XBMC starts, I would think, it is still available.

<<<<Also, you should get a prompt of what you want to do for videos that are missing when you clean the library. Clean and Update are 2 seperate functions in Kodi, however they can occur in sequence depending on your settings.
Yes, that's the setting I have mentioned...hmmm, but I am not sure, I only remember one of that settings.
Only me that can't set that movies are in separate folder? The toggle switches off each time I leave the settings box.
(2014-12-08, 04:04)MindTooth Wrote: Only me that can't set that movies are in separate folder? The toggle switches off each time I leave the settings box.

It's working properly for me, but I don't know about the few million other users.Smile
(2014-12-08, 04:04)MindTooth Wrote: Only me that can't set that movies are in separate folder? The toggle switches off each time I leave the settings box.

You are using Helix RC1, this has been fixed in RC2.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9