[Release] Universal Movie Scraper

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
Dirki Offline
Fan
On an external hard drive I have my movies strored. This hard drive only is plugged in when I watch a video / temporarily. How could I make XBMC / Universal Movie Scraper to keep the videos displayed (movie information and series information e.g.), when the HD is plugged off? When I start XBMC and the HD is plugged off, the movie information obviously will be deleted and the next time the HD is plugged in, the movies / series are not scraped again,I first have to re-change the settings for the kind of videos (series, movies) which are stored in the folders.

Win 7, newest stable XBMC
find quote
nickr Offline
Donor
You could use profiles.

You could also switch off auto scanning on startup.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the plus button and increase my reputation :)
find quote
Dirki Offline
Fan
Thank you, nickr.

So, the XBMC user profiles.

Switching off auto scanning, good idea...but so the new added videos in internal folders would not be scraped (or scraping only, when the external HD is plugged in), or may be you can switch off auto scanning for special folders.

find quote
nickr Offline
Donor
Actually I read somwhere that there was a change in gotham so that when you scanned, offline nases would not have their material deleted. Whether this applies to removale drives, I do not know.

If using profiles, basically I would set up one profile with all your sources, including the removable, the other would be just the fixed drives.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the plus button and increase my reputation :)
find quote
Dirki Offline
Fan
OK, I will try that out, the profiles, hope switching between the profiles will be done easily / conveniently.

Or (and) wait for the stable Gotham then...actually I would think, it also applies to removable drives, but...

Well, many thanks.

find quote
mira_helmy Offline
I am happy now cuz my problem fixed by Media Companion MC3.596b has the new Feature .. Option to fill <tag> field from Plot Keywords available from IMDB/TMDB and its work perfectly Big Grin
find quote
jackfifield Offline
Hi, I've noticed recently that the "Writer" information always comes up as "Info Unavailable" even if it is available on themoviedb. I have Universal Movie Scraper set to get Writer info from TheMovieDB. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? I have also tried refreshing movies that were previously scraped when it still worked correctly, and when they refresh the Writer changes to "Info Unavailable".

Thanks, Jack Smile
find quote