• 59(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2014-06-01, 22:47)Tangata Manu Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 20:46)erik.p Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 13:49)Tangata Manu Wrote: @Erik.p: could you please provide a log for this?
http://pastebin.com/Q36bDm37
Poked around in the logs, and found this...does that help?

Hi erik.p,

Whether you see or not on your browser the title in Swedish, English whatsoever, is irrelevant to the scraping issue, which is what I am going to focus here.

The issue appears to be: when UMS scrapes the AKA ('also known as' titles) to get the us-English title (you can see that happening on lines 16-17 of your log), guess what happens! The one that IMDB displays on the main page of the movie is 'El laberinto del Fauno', even when 'Pan's Labyrinth' exists amongst the full list of AKA titles. The one that commands the us-en is the one displayed on the main page. You can see it yourself in IMDB's page for the movie, under the label 'Details', 5th line: "Also Known As: El laberinto del fauno See more »"

So, nothing to do with UMS but actually the way in which this data was first registered for this particular movie.

Action's you can take on your side
Immediate action
Go to Videos->Files and browse till you see the folder of this movie. Then hover on it and call contextual menu (press letter c or right-click mouse)->Select Change Content->Settings->Get Title From and select themoviedb.org, then English and press 'OK', and 'OK' again. Go to your movie library and within 'movie information' for the 'Laberinto del Fauno' select 'Refresh', and you will get the correct title from TMDB. This will only affect this particular movie and every time you want to refresh it, it will get the right info.

Not so immediate action (but could benefit others)
Try to edit this field on IMDB to show the first one as 'Pan's Labyrinth' (well, I have done this anyway and perhaps it will take effect within the next 2 weeks or perhaps not, up to them)

Hope that helps!

Thanks! Good to know I'm not going insane...even the all mighty IMDb can make errors...I ended up just adding a nfo file with the correct title (<title> Bla bla </title>) and the IMDB link and rescanned. Works for me. Thank you for your kind help!
Will this scraper be able to grab Tomatometer ratings? It seems it doesnt do that currently..

Will that feature be added to this scraper?
Hello and I hope my bad English will let me be understood :-)

I have installed the Universal scraper on my Raspbmc XBMC 13 box and am generally very happy with it. Thanks to all contributing !

I have one issue and cannot understand if this add-on could help me.

For 99% of my movies scraping data from moviedb works, but for some few it does not. One example is a movie called "A cautionary tail" from 2012. It cannot be found on themoviedb but CAN be found on IMDB : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2625920/

Is it possible to configure this great scraper so that if it fails finding a movie on themoviedb it will try to use IMDB ?

In this moment I have an handful of movies which do not show up in my movies list because they are not found by the scraper.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion !
(2014-06-24, 17:31)rjalex Wrote: Hello and I hope my bad English will let me be understood :-)

I have installed the Universal scraper on my Raspbmc XBMC 13 box and am generally very happy with it. Thanks to all contributing !

I have one issue and cannot understand if this add-on could help me.

For 99% of my movies scraping data from moviedb works, but for some few it does not. One example is a movie called "A cautionary tail" from 2012. It cannot be found on themoviedb but CAN be found on IMDB : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2625920/

Is it possible to configure this great scraper so that if it fails finding a movie on themoviedb it will try to use IMDB ?

In this moment I have an handful of movies which do not show up in my movies list because they are not found by the scraper.

Thanks a lot for any suggestion !

If you create an NFO file (wiki) which contains the imdb url for the movies in question that should direct UMS to the proper info.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thank you . will try shortly !
There is a problem scraping translated titles when the entry is old and the title is not listed as "(imdb display title)".

Example:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118971/
This one has a German title (and many others) as AKAs listed, but many do not have the attribute "(imdb display title)". As a result, Universal Movie Scraper is not loading the correct title for this movie. I am not entirely sure if this really is the origin of this bug, but it's the only difference I found compared to other movies which are scraped correctly with the translated title.

This might not be reproducable for this particular movie in German in the near future anymore, because I send an IMDb update request, but most other languages have the same problem.
wow, I never thought of using a different scraper then the standard one. I was always a bit annoyed by the bad rating system. Because I always use IMDB myself. Just installed this addon and now have exactly what I wanted. Thanks !
Any plans to release a Universal Series Scraper now TMDB also supports TV Shows?
UMS suddenly stopped scraping Rotten Tomatoes scores for me. It was working fine for 200+ movies but now doesn't pull in any score when set to RT; IMDb etc work fine.

Is there any reason for this?
Support just have been added @v2.6.0 to scrape movie artwork from fanart.tv
Hey, I was just wondering if there would be any way of scraping your personal ratings on trakt.tv?

I think this would be a great way to find your favourite films / TV episodes once rated and use a default scraper for those films / episodes that you haven't yet rated.

I understand this probably isn't possible but I think it'd be a great addition so I thought I would suggest it.
Today I scraped for "Toy story of terror (2013)". This is the folder name. No results came up, although the title exists in both IMDB and themoviedb.org. Any idea why this is happening (first time for me)?
(2014-08-07, 12:20)HeresJohnny Wrote: Today I scraped for "Toy story of terror (2013)". This is the folder name. No results came up, although the title exists in both IMDB and themoviedb.org. Any idea why this is happening (first time for me)?
It's because the video is a short. If you go into the source settings and change them to get all titles (sorry but I can't remember the exact wording for the setting) that should fix it. Make sure your changing the scraper settings for the video source, not the default addon settings.

If you don't want the scraper pulling all available options you could just create an NFO file (wiki) with the imdb url for that video.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks! I tried to activate the All titles option for IMDB as search provider and also tried themoviedb as search provider, but still no result. Maybe a bug in the parser or a problem in the website interface?
Hard to say without your debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9