Win How to scrape movie info/pictures from folders using ember media manager?
Hi Guys,

For some reason, I'm still having trouble scrapping movie info (folder, fanart, and nfo) from local folders rather than the internet.

In EMM, I've set;
- Poster = movie.tbn
- Fanart = fanart.jpg
- NFO = movie.nfo

Now when I add videos > select folders > set type as "movies", then I get to these options, I set;

Run automated scan = ON
Movies are in separate folders = ON
Scan Recursively = OFF
Selected folder contains a single video = OFF
Exclude path from library updates = OFF

Do you want to refresh info for all items within this path = YES

Then I get the "Downloading Movie Information" box at the top right corner. This works fine, the poster, fanart, and nfo seem to be gathered from my folders, but if my PC is connected to the net, then it still seems to be connecting to the net/taking far longer to add to the library than when I do the same when the pc is disconnected from the net. Its like its scrapping something?

What am I doing wrong?
Cheers

Edit: Wait, is it downloading actor images which is why its taking longer?? Is this because the nfo has direct links to actor images or something? I think you can turn this off in ember? Hrm.

Edit2: With Debug mode set on in XBMC, looking at the log, I can confirm, the reason why it takes longer is due to it downloading the Movie Actor images via the URLs given in Ember Media Manager. Strange why no one else seems to complain or mention it. I find more info here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to scrape movie info/pictures from folders using ember media manager?0