Asus F1a75-i with a6-3500, Temps??
I have recently build a htpc with:

Asus f1a75-i
a6-3500 - stock PIB fan
2x4gb XMS3 1600mhz memory
2TB Seagate barracuda 7200. 64mb

The problem is that I'm getting some disturbing temperature readings from Speedfan, and I don't even know which part of the system that gives me these high readings...

Speedfan's CPU readings is similar to ASUS ai-suite. GPU readings from speedfan is almost identical to CPU readings, as you would except, with a Fusionchip.
Speedfan's AUX readings is similar to ASUS ai-suite "Board" readings, so I assume that AUX is motherboard/chipset.

But I don't know what speedfan's "System" and "SMIOVT 4, 5, and 6" readings are?? And these are pretty high, I think :/
"System" and "SMIOVT" temps are almost the same all the time. Though I need to test further, I'm pretty sure that speedfan gets these readings at bootup, and that they are NOT affected by PCMark Vantage testing etc.

SO.... What are "System" and "SMIOVT" ?? And is there anybody else with similar setup, how has temp readings??

(I have tried two change the PSU (internal), and this didn't affect the temps at all).
Google seems to think they are RAM temps, not sure how much I believe that though.

The problem with speedfan is that is looks through the whole system looking for anything that remotely resembles a temperature sensor, which means that you often get rubbish. Use something like RealTemp to get CPU temperatures.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
RealTemp isn't compatible with A6-3500... Have tried Big Grin I'm not worried about CPU and Board temp, as I have ai-suite and I trust that these readings are the same as in the bios...

I have read the same about SMIOVT, should be something with the memory... But why 3 readings when there is only two memoryslots?? And why aren't they affected by PCMark test?? Further more, the memory modules doesn't feel near as warm as the cpu heatsink or the PSU.... :/

Could it be incompatible memory modules in this motherboard?
If you see my previous post, you'll notice I said:
Quote:... anything that remotely resembles a temperature sensor, which means that you often get rubbish ...

I've used speedfan in the past, and had some odd temperatures too. Some of them never changed value. I really wouldn't worry about it.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
Hey Guys me Mark.Well i don't think RAM can get that hot unless you are actually over violating them like the receptors are off. I used a IR laser device temp and my own are normally at about 35-40c even under benchmarking.Thanks!!
Some of the temps can be relative to an offset. What numbers are you seeing? Numbers like -128C can be ignored.

A good gauge is simply feel the case. If it's too hot to the touch then you have some cause for concern. If it's merely warm or cool then don't worry too much about it unless you start seeing shutdowns and glitches.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus F1a75-i with a6-3500, Temps??0