EPG problem with XBMC PVR via MediaPortal
hi all -

My setup is as follows:
xbmc version: xbmc-10.1-PVR_v2
mediaportal version: MediaPortal_Setup_1.2.1_FINAL
mediaportal xbmc plugin: MediaPortal_v121_TVServerXBMC_plugin_bin_rev109
current skin: skin.cirrus extended v2.06 dharma (LOVE this skin btw...just found it)

In "Live TV" I can see all my channels listed just fine, and am able to watch them. However, for each channel in the listing, I'm getting "No Information Available", and in the tv guide, it just says "No EPG entries present".

In MediaPortal TV Server config, I have tried enabling/configuring both WebEPG and XmlTV plugins (individually, as well as at the same time) with no success. I feel like I'm really close...any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? I'm not seeing any errors in the xbmc.log that seem to be PVR related.
I'm having the same problem.
Windows 7 machine running the same XBMC and MediaPortal.
HDhomerun using OTA. I've been wrestling with this for the last week.

Hope someone can point us in the right direction.
known bug
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I'm running margro's pre-eden (current) build with mediaportal backend using xmltv as the epg. My issue is that the epg loads and works, but only the first time xbmc is started. Subsequent restarts will have a blank epg in xbmc.

This is probably not related to the original post here, but does anyone know of a workaround for this?

Thanks
Any updates on this?

I recently set up my Live TV functionality using Margro's Nov. 5 version on Windows 7, but I have the same "No information available" issue.
RFinn Wrote:Any updates on this?

I recently set up my Live TV functionality using Margro's Nov. 5 version on Windows 7, but I have the same "No information available" issue.

Cleanup the EPG?.db and TV??.db files in your XBMC userprofile directory. Sometime you can just re-init the PVR Database from the TV Parameter. I would also suggest to update to Margro latest build.
Anyone get this working? I have the same setup/same problem.

Or, can anyone tell me a xbmc-pvr build version with working EPG on Win7?
latex_labia Wrote:Anyone get this working? I have the same setup/same problem.

Or, can anyone tell me a xbmc-pvr build version with working EPG on Win7?

My setup: Win7, Media Portal 1.2, XBMC Pre Eden. EPG is working fine.
As said by dushmaniac, the EPG problems after restart or refresh are known and being worked on by dushmaniac and nemphys. See for example:
pull request 377

All EPG functionality from the MediaPortal PVR addon should work fine. You can enable debug logging in XBMC and check the XBMC.log file for the actual EPG reads done by the PVR addon.

@latex_labia:
Does it work in MediaPortal itself? If not, did you enable the EPG functionality on the backend side (TVServer configuration)? XMLTV import or DVB EPG.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
margro Wrote:As said by dushmaniac, the EPG problems after restart or refresh are known and being worked on by dushmaniac and nemphys. See for example:
pull request 377

All EPG functionality from the MediaPortal PVR addon should work fine. You can enable debug logging in XBMC and check the XBMC.log file for the actual EPG reads done by the PVR addon.

@latex_labia:
Does it work in MediaPortal itself? If not, did you enable the EPG functionality on the backend side (TVServer configuration)? XMLTV import or DVB EPG.

My issue was with mediaportal and XMLTV, which I was able to fix with a proper tvguide.XML file generated by mc2xml
Works good so far. Thanks margro.
HTPC Config is as follows:
Tuner Capture card - Hauppauge Colossus
xbmc version: xbmc-11.0-pvr-margro_v2
mediaportal version: MediaPortal_Setup_1.2.3_FINAL
mediaportal xbmc plugin: MediaPortal_v122_TVServerXBMC_plugin_bin_rev112
current skin: skin.NIGHT

In "Live TV" I can see my 'added' channels listed just fine but the issues i am having are....
1. No matter which channel i select, it play the same program - from bravo. The channel names and numbers match with my generated tvguide.xml for my Zio Code - US..
2. Each channel in the listing show "No Information Available", and in the tv guide, it just says "No EPG entries present
3. In the TV Channel section of MP, how do i make my Tuner Capture card - Hauppauge Colossus persistent
4. Is there an easier way of adding channels, say importing the channel lists from a flat file in the xmltv section

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG problem with XBMC PVR via MediaPortal0