Help with ATV2 FREEZING
I got a really annoying issue

When ever i leave my apple tv2 for to long it freezes.

for example i am watching justin tv and i fall asleep when i wake up the next day i sort have to unplugg the power and then boot tether it again

almost every morning unless i decide to just use my computer to watch Justin tv.

When it freezes i cant select anything i can leave the stream everything is just frozen solid and the only way i could use it for me to unplug and then replug and then re boot tethered.

If any one could help me out that would be great

thank you
People aren't mind/log readers i'm afraid: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
sorry for that i am new to ATV2 so i havent figured out the log, but am reading our link and ill get back to you guys asap

thank for the link
Don't sleep? Smile
for the xbmc.log to work i need to enable debugging from the setting option and then go about reproducing the same issue ?

when i put the apple tv 2 to sleep it works fine when i pull it out its works with no issue

my issue is that i am playing something then my tv sleep and i obviously already fell asleep when i turn my tv back on its frozen on a picture and i cant do anything after that
Yeah, turn debugging on then try to leave it so that the error occurs, try not to do too much else so that it fills up the log.
Set Up
okay ill go ahead and do this tonight so ill just play justin tv and go to sleep, i do have a question for you, if it does freeze and then i do have to go about restarting it and then boot tehter it again, will that log get erased ?

or would i have to get the log before i reboot ?

thank you again all for the help
The log will save as xbm.log and then when after you re-tether and boot if you start xbmc then it will save a new log as xbmc.log and move the old one to xbmcold.log. It always saves 2 logs, the complete last time that xbmc was run, and the current running of it.
Set Up
so its best to re tether boot it and before i get inside of xbmc i should pull the log before it start a new one

is that right ?
You will have to do a tethered boot, then either go in BEFORE you start XBMC and get the one called xbmc.log or start XBMC and then get the one called xbmcold.log
Set Up
well i think i did it right here is my log file

i had to but i followed your advice and that after it froze i re thered booted and before i went back into xbmc i had gone in and pulled the log file from

/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc.log

as the debugging screen suggests it aswell

ALSO it was so long i couldnt get it on pastebin to i had it linked to my dropbox account here is my log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/piys8rr6o0kd9lo/xbmc.log

i hope you guys are able to access the log if not let me know ill upload it to another site or something
@fariswheel: FWIW, This happened to me before upgrading to a recent version of the justin.tv plugin. I haven't experienced this issue post-update.

If the justin.tv plugin is outdated, updating it may fix this issue.
i will look into this and see if there is an update and see if there is if it does fix the issue up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with ATV2 FREEZING0