Win Studio icon and ratings missing
Opened Issue #160 on github for this. I definitely think it belongs with the flags on the left-side. Just not positive where best to put it, although sialivi's idea seems best so far to me.

Not sure if this will make it into the 2.0.0 release. If someone draws up a new flag with a square aspect ratio so it fits into the Star Rating box, that would definitely make me consider it for 2.0.0 more (that's mostly what I'd be blocking on if I were to implement it).
I was mocking up some ideas and just saw sialivi's idea and I like it (thx sialivi!)! I can do the graphics as needed and would be glad to help. And I actually like the studio flags, so that would preserve them as well.

Just throwing out some other ideas and thoughts for discussion:

- Sounds like the space next to the file info is out of the question (#1)? I can respect that, but seems a wasted space.
- What's the new extra space to the right of rating/studio/rank (#2) being used for? Is this the fast scroll letter area? BTW, I can't see the fast scroll on my ATV1, ATV2 or Mac mini so I'm not sure where/what it looks like.
- Can we use just a single special view for IMDb250? Example, use the File view and put it somewhere on the right side? Example #3, 4 & 5 (Note: just put the Oscar's in there to get an idea of space). Is something being used in this area? And, seems repetitive to have the ranking in two places on the same page.
- Another view is one of the Poster views (I like Poster Large) and just put the IMDb Rank to the left of the poster (I think this is how Amra did it in Big Alaska.
- Or sialivi's idea on the left (#6)

Side suggestion - Previously the plot text seemed nice and aligned and was centered with equal space on both sides. can the text be aligned to the last file info indicator (CC) (#7) and have equal spacing between the date on the right and the rating/studio/rank on the left?

In your picture, "1" is the sort letter popup area, which precludes the use of "7" as well, IMHO. The CC flag is also conditional (only displayed if there are subtitles available) so it's kind of hard to justify the text using the edge of that flag.

I personally am voting for either reusing "6" or putting it somewhere in "2". In fact, I think two more boxes of the same aspect and size as the Star Rating box ("6") would look best.

"3", "4", and "5" are viable alternatives I suppose, but you won't get the flags in all views for "free".

FYI, "2" is used up whenever you have a song playing in the background and the CDArt overlay is enabled. But it hides the other flags anyway, so I don't have a problem putting new flags there.

To be entirely honest, I'm at work (and thus am going off memory) and simply had forgotten that a side-effect of my recent changes to the media flags actually gives some more space on the left (was trying to stuff the CDArt overlay into more views, which required I move things over a bit).

edit: shuffling some text for coherency.
Also, if we do this (add two more icons to the right of the current rating box), would anyone have a heart attack if I moved all four flags to the bottom and moved the Studio up (swap them, in other words)? I just think it would look better that way.
Moving them down makes sense, making them line up with the other flags at the center-bottom.

On a sidenote: Looking at the screenshot above just reminded me that I've never liked how ratings look in lists, the number followed by a star. It looks even worse with music ratings which doesn't have a decimal. Would it be possible to move the star behind the rating, just like in the imdb rating flag? I think it would look much better, and would save a bit horizontal space.
(2012-09-04, 22:06)jingai Wrote: Also, if we do this (add two more icons to the right of the current rating box), would anyone have a heart attack if I moved all four flags to the bottom and moved the Studio up (swap them, in other words)? I just think it would look better that way.

I don't have a problem. What would be the two new icons? ...IMDb250 and what? Oscar? Big Grin

Are you thinking something like the following, where the last two are conditional?

or this, where the two in the last column are conditional?

Or even this, using a variation of the flag_frametall.png..

Original for reference:

(2012-09-05, 00:25)tuckbodi Wrote: or this, where the two in the last column are conditional?

I think I like this best.

Send me any PNGs I might need and I'll work this up shortly. I'll play with various configurations and see what looks best to me, but I think this is the way to go. Good job Smile
(2012-09-05, 00:25)tuckbodi Wrote: Image

I've opted for this, for a few reasons:

1) It doesn't look funny when there are an odd number of square-aspect flags,
2) I can pack them into a grouplist to simplify the code,
3) The Oscar flag isn't available.

Update is forthcoming, but we (I think!) can consider the matter closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Studio icon and ratings missing0