XBMC not shown on screen on mini
Hi,

I had XBMC running (almost) flawlessly on a 2012 MacMini when I tried to solve the problem of theMini's volume being activated by my Harmony and installed Candelair. This solved the volume problem but created new ones, so I uninstalled Candelair again. Now XBMC no longer appears on the screen when I switch to the mini using the Harmony remote. It starts the mini correctly and I believe it also starts XBMC correctly but nothing shows on the screen. When I start Rowmote on my iPhone, the screen suddenly comes on. This suggests it is a focus issue. But what can be done about it?
I seem to be answering my own questions but I think I may have identified the problem. After some searching I discovered that XBMCHelper was not running in the background. After some tinkering it suddenly came back (I wish I knew how I had done that; was it the reinstall of XBMC or the restart of the Mini that followed it?) and all was hunky-dory again. I haven't checked it yet now that it is the morning after, but I hope all will be well. Can anyone tell me how to restart the helper when for some reason it is no longer running?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not shown on screen on mini0