Newbie: Trying to customize the look
Hello everyone. Let me start off by saying how excited I am to get XBMC going. I might be a newbie to the XBMC software scene, but I've been working on HTPCs for quite a few years.

My question concerns the customization of XBMC, which I haven't been able to accomplish so far. My main concern is getting XBMC to look as close to Media Browser as possible. My wife is very fond of the poster view with customizable sizes and views etc. She likes to browse through the movies and click for movie info. I have been unable to replicate this. I can't even get the thumbnails any larger.

So how do you customize the poster view? How can I get it so that I can click a poster and show background with the movie info? Basically I want this view right here: http://www.hack7mc.com/wp-content/upload...png?9707a5

Thank you, and I'll keep reading and learning. Maybe I can answer my own question.
From the screenshot you've provided it looks like a wall/thumbnail view.
These are present on most xbmc skins.
If you want the movie info to show, this can be done via panel view (again, on quite a few skins), or via infopanel which is turn on/offable on the side menu.
Apologies if I've misunderstood the question, I've had a few bevvies!

The 'i' button brings up all the info you need on your media if you need it that way.

Experiment with different skins, it's doubtful you won't find the view you want!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie: Trying to customize the look0