Win Editing Home page buttons
Exclamation 
Hi,

Just want to say thanks for your efforts, loving XBMCBig Grin Some friends of mine at work pointed me in this direction and got to say I wont be going back.

I'm afraid i'm a bit of a beginner to the programming side of any computer stuff, please bear with me.

Ive been trying to configure XBMC to go from the home page straight into my movies source. Ive managed to set up the home page with the Movies button but now struggling to link my movies source to the button (I hope to do this with TV-Series, Animated and Documentaries). What I am trying to do is not see the list of file,DVD drive, play lists or addons and just get the list of movies.

I did find the article "HOW-TO:Edit the home screen skin files" unfortunately made very little sense to me and I'm not very confident in this area of computers.

I'm using the skin "Aeon Nox" i beleive this is important info.

Does anyone have any help they can offer or point me in the direction of a "How to Guide"?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Stephen
Hi stephen5557, Welcome to the forums

I think you maybe looking in the wrong direction (Have you scanned your files to the library?).

What XBMC requires you to do is tell it where your media is and what media you are pointing it to (i.e. movies/tv-show/music etc). Then it can use scrapers to download information (such as actors etc) and add it to your library (so when you press movies it shows all your movie).

here is the great wiki article: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library
(I would probably switch skin to the default (confluence) - just to get started as the wiki will be using that skin too - after you can switch back no worries at all and not have to rescan stuff)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Pseudo,

Thanks for the wiki article cleared up a few missing options. I have scanned my library and when access in the sources it looks amazing with all the extra data availbale from other HT products.

But, I dont think it answers what I am trying to achieve in the long run. What I want to be able to do is from the Home screen select the top level Button (Movies as my example) and be taken straight into my Movies source. I dont want to be taken into any other screen (addons, info, add files, etc, etc). I have my sources, slightly adjusted now, I just need to link them to the front page Buttons. Is this possible?

Stephen
I have finally worked it out, all working now and looking amazingSmile I didnt understand the relation between the library and movie files, I disabled the library update to the files as I have my own metadata collectors on the movie files. Obviously enabling library updates allowed updates and then it all started working correctly, this has now let me add the sources to the home page.

Thanks Pseudo, in the ended up doing what you said to do in a very long and round about waySmile

Stephen
Not a problem, often the seemingly complicated is very simple.
Have fun with XBMC Smile

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
hello stephen5557 you talked about adding Animated and Documentaries to the home page ... i to am trying to do this and not having much luck what was your solution thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Editing Home page buttons0