[RELEASE] MTV Music Videos
Music 
I missed the old MTV Networks Plugin that used the now disabled music video api. I basically plan this to be a site scraping version of that.

I noticed that a few of the MTV artists had videos I liked that were not available on VEVO. I put this together to try to access all the music available on MTV.com

This is currently only artists lists. I will add some listing for top or popular music videos.

You add and remove favorite artists via context items.

I plan to add a Play All similar to VEVO but just didn't get to it.

It has listings like below.
  1. Favorite Artists
  2. Popular Artists
  3. Artist Picks
  4. Artists A-Z
The artists root will have available categories of videos like below.
  1. All Videos
  2. Interview
  3. Live Performance
  4. Music Video
  5. Other

Install my repo to access this and other plugins.
http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-re...lugins.zip
(2012-04-26, 20:14)BlueCop Wrote: I missed the old MTV Networks Plugin that used the now disabled music video api. I basically plan this to be a site scraping version of that.

I noticed that a few of the MTV artists had videos I liked that were not available on VEVO. I put this together to try to access all the music available on MTV.com

This is currently only artists lists. I will add some listing for top or popular music videos.

You add and remove favorite artists via context items.

I plan to add a Play All similar to VEVO but just didn't get to it.

It has listings like below.
  1. Favorite Artists
  2. Popular Artists
  3. Artist Picks
  4. Artists A-Z
The artists root will have available categories of videos like below.
  1. All Videos
  2. Interview
  3. Live Performance
  4. Music Video
  5. Other

Install my repo to access this and other plugins.
http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-re...lugins.zip

Fantastic...
Off to install this now.

Your like a plugin making machine bro Smile
It has some interesting content like pop-up videos from vh1 for some artists.

It currently doesn't list content available on vevo. The method we use to get videos doesn't seem to include them. I will look into adding them. MTV has the rights to list and embed vevo content.

It includes alot of interviews and other videos though. I watched several live performances that are in 720p.

I am not sure the how much content overlap there is but it does supplement music video content for me. Let me know if you have any issues.
Only 1 issue so far...
None of the content works for me Sad is it geo blocked to the USA? (UK for me)

Dammit.. The content looks good too Sad
I can add a proxy setting if you want. It is really easy. I am not sure if the rtmp servers are geo locked.

I am not sure the differences of availability per region.

Can you post what happens when you play a video? i am curious if you are blocked on the smil or rtmp level.
Yea, thatd be great,
Do you need a debug log from xbmc? I'll try and get one up when I'm on the PC (on iPad at the moment) Smile

Looks good though, the content seems good and there seems to be quite a bit. With the exception of One Direction and the Bieb Smile
(2012-04-26, 21:51)BlueCop Wrote: I can add a proxy setting if you want. It is really easy. I am not sure if the rtmp servers are geo locked.

I am not sure the differences of availability per region.

Can you post what happens when you play a video? i am curious if you are blocked on the smil or rtmp level.

Hi

I get a script fail error when trying to play any music video, im sure its 0.0.4 thats the one installed via your repo.

Pastelog attached.

Quote:
gerryyoung1977: where are you located?
(2012-04-26, 22:32)BlueCop Wrote: gerryyoung1977: where are you located?

UK

How do i attached my debug log?
I committed an update that has proxy settings. you can input an US based proxy.

gerryyoung1977: use pastebin.com and link to it
(2012-04-26, 22:49)BlueCop Wrote: I committed an update that has proxy settings. you can input an US based proxy.

gerryyoung1977: use pastebin.com and link to it

http://pastebin.com/Zzqb4R6L

Excuse my lack of knowledge in this field but how to i input and where do i get a US proxy server?
I can confirm that everything works great with proxy enabled here in Norway.
Thanks BC for yet another awsome plugin Smile
I am working on a bigger project for the billboard charts api. It will use MTV as a searching source.

I really like billboards ability to track popularity through various eras of music. They have a shit ton of charts too.

These charts will just be source lists. It will then go search for the content various places when attempting to play.

I would like to do a list of sources ranked for search order. It would try each one till it found the desired video or song.
(2012-04-26, 23:53)BlueCop Wrote: I am working on a bigger project for the billboard charts api. It will use MTV as a searching source.

I really like billboards ability to track popularity through various eras of music. They have a shit ton of charts too.

These charts will just be source lists. It will then go search for the content various places when attempting to play.

I would like to do a list of sources ranked for search order. It would try each one till it found the desired video or song.

Anyone else think bluecop is actually some kickass piece of AI himself? Big Grin
That sounds awesome!
0.0.5 works great. Love this plug-in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MTV Music Videos3