Win 44kb uTorrent Auto Extractor Movie Info, Backdrop, trailer downloader
As the title suggests: I wrote a uTorrent Auto Extractor which will extract rar files/ copy BDMV/ Video_TS folders and download Movie Info (create a movie nfo file with IMDB URL in them), download folder.jpg, extrathumbs and trailer (if available in TMDB).

I have tried EMM and so many other programs out there but nothing did what I wanted which is

1. *lightweight* with no bells and whistles, extract my torrent files, also download movie info. quickly.
2. Download the right movie, images and trailer based on google and imdb results

the application ute.exe can operate in two ways:
1. Kicked Off from utorrent:
a. Go to UTorrent preferences and add (C:\ute\ute.exe "%L" "%D" "%F"). Change your ute location.
b. When adding a torrent make sure you edit the folder name to match the movie name. c
c. Add a Label that matches the label in the settings.ini (default: Movies)
d. Thats it! when the download completes the ute will extract your files or folders based on uTorrent parameters to the specified target folder and download all the info including trailer.

2. Once a context menu is added, the context menu will let you download right from windows explorer.

The zip file contains 6 files,
1. Settings.ini (Do this first!. this is self explanatory. fill in your target and download folder details. any questions please ask!)
2. TheMovieDB.dll (TMDB downloader)
3. ute.exe
4. MovieInfo_ContextMenu (Use this exe to register ute.exe for windows explorer right click context menu )
5. BatchRun.bat (this will download movie info for for a given folder by taking its subfolder names.)
6. Read me (this text)

Also credits go to IMDB scraper and TMDB Wrapper for their respective work. Please test it before you use as it!

Thanks and hope this helps someone and sorry for the crappy documentation, i know i suck at it! :-)
Rathna

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?w4c32k8offjp1cu
youtube link for context menu demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTiLw8yUlv8

Nice little tool, just the sort of thing I was after and couldnt be bothered to write myself Wink

Would be nice if it downloaded and built a complete NFO though, but beggars cant be choosers

Ben
Thanks, did you try using it? as it works on my end I would like to see how it works outside my pc! also I posted the download link here as mediafire is blocking it for some reason.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/3CAjLkVu/ute.html

if I get enough support may be that will push me to add detailed info and TV download as well :-)
I did try it and it worked flawlessly. Great little gizmo to have.

Extra info in the .nfo would be the icing on the cake.

I am going to try this out tonight. It would be great if it also grabbed information on TV shows as well.
thanks, i might add the TV when I get some time. busy with 2 kids! lol did you try it?
Nice to see someone made a program with the exact same logic as I did a while back using a batch script.

I quit the project because Ember Media Manager, which it used to scrape movies and tvshows with, wasn't working as well as I wanted it to. Mainly because it was slow and unnecessarily resource hungry. I might consider rewriting it to use the "TheMovieDb.dll" for scraping if I figure out how to do just that. Any tip would be welcome!

You may read about my project over here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95204
Thanks, I actually saw your program and thought of using it but since there were additional things that I wanted to done like ripping folders etc and also mainly download the right movie every time and download trailers i finally decided to sort it out on my own. feel free to try it and let me know your feedback.
Next on my list is adding full nfo and add option for multiple labels and extraction points, meaning if the torrent has label as Music it will go to the Music folder etc.
wow this is so simple and so cool !!

thank you rathin1980.

I have also small request.

I have my own automation script and I want to merge your scripts (for download trailers) with mines.
It's possible to separate from your script option which download trailers or I can user parameter (example: ute.exe -trailer) to run your script which allow me download ?
or maybe it's possible to add to context menu "download trailer" ?

Thanks again for gr8 app

I finally gave it a try the other day. It worked well for the 4 or 5 movies I tried it on. I really liked that it pulled down the trailer as well.
thanks. next on my list is a fool proof subtitle download and then tv.
great job, keep up the good work
This is pretty awesome for the trailers alone. Is there a way I can set it to only download trailers (I enjoy painstakingly choosing my own thumbs from extracting them from the film) and personally see no need for an imdb link. Also, how can I have it name the trailer the same as the movie with -trailer at the end. (film is name "Man Fom Nowhere (2010).avi" so trailer will autoname "Man Fom Nowhere (2010)-trailer.mp4")? Finally, is there a way to set the min/max quality of the trailer download?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
44kb uTorrent Auto Extractor Movie Info, Backdrop, trailer downloader1