Path substitution - now can't access images(jpg/png etc.)
I just setup path substitution for my thumbnails to be stored on my networked server, but I'm now running into a strange problem where XBMC cannot display any image files. So, anything from artwork downloader that's sitting in the movie/tv show folder are showing up as blank, and anything that's not a thumbnail is also coming up blank. If I remove the path substitution from advancedsettings.xml then it goes back to normal where I can access all image types. There must be a setting that I'm unaware of.... here's my a.s.xml... I'm not connecting to sql (yet, I'll probably get that configured tomorrow)

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>nfs://192.168.1.100/XBMC/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Any help would be great. Thanks.
Do you have write access to that folder?

I'd strongly suggest only sharing the Videos and Music subfolder of the main Thumbnails folder - everything else should be local anyway.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I should have write access to that folder. I have it set for root access and the thumbnails were written into that folder during scrape from another machine.

So even local image files are pulled into the cache first and read from there?

I'll take your advice and setup two pathsubs...

EDIT: while thinking about this post, and that the original scrape and folders were created by another machine, I realized that my security settings must be tied to the original owner (other xbmc machine). I'll fix and test that when I get home today... I'm 99% sure this is it.

Thanks for your help...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Path substitution - now can't access images(jpg/png etc.)0