Social networking notifications for XBMC
I use XBMC as HTPC and sometimes feel the need to be updated with my social networks. For this I have to exit the program and open a browser.Wouldn't it be good to have the opportunity to see notifications while I see tv shows ? as in xtweet desemvolvido to the XBMC 10?
I can only speak for myself, but I really don't want to be interrupted in the middle of a movie because some friend wants to post a picture of their pancakes.
Have you checked one of the social addons? Maybe one of them can do this. And this is nothing that has to be supported in XBMC core - it's a perfect case for addons I think.
Have you checked your smartphone? Really i doubt that this belongs into XBMC as all the social stuff is pretty much handled by the android/ios phones nowadays...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Speaking of smartphones, I believe it is possible to have an Android phone forward notifications to XBMC. Probably on iOS as well, with jailbreaking (at least it can be hooked into Growl). That could give you the social updates.
(2013-06-12, 14:26)Ned Scott Wrote: Speaking of smartphones, I believe it is possible to have an Android phone forward notifications to XBMC. Probably on iOS as well, with jailbreaking (at least it can be hooked into Growl). That could give you the social updates.

I believe Yatse can do that with the notification plugin. I believe to use this you are required to purchase the yatse unlocker

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Social networking notifications for XBMC0