Support for QWERTY keyboard for internacional users
Quote from Robotica user to my issue in this topic.

(2012-04-27, 02:54)Robotica Wrote: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/2384

feature request is 6 years old. But it would make sense to have different virtual keyboards (like QWERTY or azerty), based on language/country. Besides, more intelligence (special chars, predicting, etc.) would come in handy in controlling your Media Center.

But with more and more touch devices, handling User Input will be much more actual.

So maybe some patches will show up...

So I can input ã ñ etc.. to use with scrapers or just rename items in interface of modern skin.

Thank you!
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Nothing?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
I think it's a good idea. I'd love support for double-byte unicode characters. That being said, I very much doubt it's a priority for any of the developers and certainly beyond my capabilities. Still, patience is a virtue as they say; don't be disappointed that nobody has replied in just one day.
No priority I understand, but for seven years?
(2012-04-28, 19:42)tinybutstrong Wrote: No priority I understand, but for seven years?

I don't have all the details, but I've heard various plans for much improved international support in XBMC. The XBMC devs themselves are very international, so there is a strong desire for these features even from within.

So I'm guessing they want to do it, but they want to get it right. The way skins work doesn't really present an easy way to make/use multiple sets of on-screen-keyboards, so we could just be waiting for some already-planned refactoring of some kind to put the pieces in place. So it's likely a big change, or a change that requires some creative approach, and that can be difficult when you develop for XBMC in your free time.

In any case, there is priority for it. Even people who speak english need to be able to type in an occasional ñ or something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for QWERTY keyboard for internacional users0