OS X XBMC Eden 11.0 stable/nightly builds on 10.7.3 mac mini - no airplay! tried a lot...
Sad 
Hi Guys,
my first post in this Forum. Nice to be around. First of all: Thanks XBMC Team for this fck insane programme! But I'm facing some difficulties with my XBMC installation on my Mac Mini 1.1 with 10.7.3 Lion installation (1.83GHz Core2Duo, 2GB Ram, 250Gig HDD, Broadcom Crystal HD).
Biggest problem: Whatever i've tried until now, i'm not getting Airplay to work properly. Or in a different way: It's not working at all...
Setup looks as the following: Different Mac Pros, Macbooks running in one network 192.168.1.x with dd-wrt flashed routers and repeater bridge. The Mac Mini is connected via LAN to my repeater bridge. All other Computers and Smartphones (no iPhones, just Blackberrys and Androids in this household) are connect through LAN (Router) or WLAN (Router, Repeater Bridge).

Problems as of now: no Airplay, EyeTVParser doesn't work either
I've tried the Eden 11.0 version and the two last nightly builds, I've disabled the ipv6 stack in my Mac Mini and on every other mac in my network, I've tried to connect the Mini directly through LAN but still the airplay symbol isn't displayed in iTunes. The BonjourBrowser on my MacPro running 10.6.7 don't display my iTunes Digital Audio Control Protocol activated in iTunes on Mac Mini. BonjourBrowser on my Mini cannot find the DACP from my MacPro either. I don't know what to do now. Plz give me some advice.
Idea: Could this be caused by the DD-WRT v24-sp2 Firmware running my Router and Bridge??

Btw. I would be thankful for help with my EyeTVParser, too. This plugin doesn't find my EyeTV Server (as it is configured through localhost 127.0.0.1 or whatever the default setting is). Every tutorial I've found tells me that you just need the Parser Plugin and this should run out of the box. Like Airplay - Hmpf :/

Greetings from Germany!
Well it sounds like the zeroconf/bonjour announcements are not working in your network. These are basically broadcasts to your subnet (192.168.1.255 in your case if you have a 8bit subnet). If bonjour browser doesn't show the airplay and raop (airtunes) announcement then the airplay icon is unlikly to show.

I doubt its the dd-wrt - i'm running openwrt on all my routers and didn't even setup something special to allow bonjour traffic.

The only thing i can imagine is that you have turned on wlan-device-seperation. This means that all wlan devices in your network don't see each other (so they are seperated from each other). But this wouldn't clear up that it also doesn't work when you are using lan.

I guess you have already activated airplay in XBMCs network settings (yes i have to ask because skills are different in the community Wink ).

Well i would fiddle until bonjour browser shows the announcements - when that works, airplay will work too.

All in all it doesn't sound like an XBMC issue but like a network configuration issue (and i allways hold my fuckin breath when i read such sort of topics like you wrote ...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz Smile I'm smiling right now just because you answered me and some help from a developer is always appreciated.
I never thought that XBMC is the problem. Just my nooby skills. Even that until now I thought from myself, that I'm not such a huge noob in IT-Skills.
puh so where should we start?
Yes sure: I've turned on the airplay settings in XBMC. Should I turn off the iTunes audio remote sharing option under the devices tab (Sorry dunno the english word for it since my itunes is running in german and I dont get it to give me an option to switch to english). I've done that 20-times, on-off-on-off (changed nothing!)...

You've mentioned the wireless-device-seperation. I cannot find this option in my router settings. All I can find is the Wireless Distribution System (WDS) option. I've tried to add the MAC-adress of my Mini to it and set the Lazy WDS to enable and the WDS Subnet to Enable but that didn't changed anything.

How can I fire up XBMC in window-mode to check via BonjourBrowser what Services XBMC is running?
you should be able to put xbmc in windowed mode in settings-> system-> video - something like that. Switching around in itunes won't be a solution ... if nothing else works i allow you to pm me in german Wink

Wds is not the option you are looking for - its ment to be used for achieving roaming between multiple access points...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
ok i've used a windows 7 laptop with itunes to test airplay in another environment and it works like a charm. i guess my mac pro and macbooks running 10.6.8 are causing the problems with airplay and not the macmini with lion and xbmc (btw. airplay service is running according to bonjour browser).

and idea what system settings I should test that are blocking airplay in snow leopard. my itunes library sharing doesn't work either (when I try to share my itunes library from my mac pro with others, the can find it for some seconds till the connection is getting lost), network sharing is the same, mac pro is being displayed in finder, but a connection can not be established. little snitch is installed, but turned off!
weird - don't have an idea for that atm. If bonjour browser shows both services (airplay and roap) then it has to show in itunes. Beside that you don't need to deactivate ipv6 anymore - i would turn it on again if you ask me.
I've done the 20th short google for that problem and couldn't find anything about that.
fck off.
now tested it again with my macbook 10.6.8 - and it works. but why the hell does that not work with 10.6.8 on mac pro
how to find out about blocked tcp/udp ports?
the following ports are used by airplay is that correct: TCP 80, 443, 554 (TCP&UDP), 3689 Multicast TCP
how to port scan my mac pro?
k tcp 3689 is open as it is needed for airplay. any idea?
wherever you got these ports from non of them are related to airplay. For airplay you need tcp 36666 (music) and 36667 (video/pictures). But you are already stuck before with the bonjour announcement. These don't need specific ports but broadcast/multicast allowed(wouldn't even know how to disable these...). as i said - if bonjour browser shows them and itunes doesn't then its some sort of local app based firewalling or so? Really no clue - on a fresh snow leo install it would work out of the box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Eden 11.0 stable/nightly builds on 10.7.3 mac mini - no airplay! tried a lot...0