Win -- Moving files --
Exclamation 
Hi all,

Well, the thing is that I need to move a big part of my collection to a different hard drive and I was wondering if there is a way to do that and not having re scrape all the information of those files again.

Thanks!

TV: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H; BD player: Pioneer BDP-LX58-K; AV receiver: Pioneer SC-LX56-K; HTPC: OrigenAE M10 (i3 6100); NAS: Synology DS213j; Game Consoles: Xbox One & Xbox 360 250 GB ("Slim"); Speakers: Focal-Jmlab Chorus S; Sub: SVS PB-1000; Universal remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate.
You can export your database to a single file. This will put all the data in an XML file that you can edit using your favourite text editor. Do a global edit/replace to change the directory name(s), then delete the old database and import the edited one. Backup the old database first, just in case.

Alternatively use the export to multiple files, which will write .nfo files (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp..._nfo_Files) and artwork into the directories where the videos are. When you rescan it will read the info from the .nfo files instead of trying to scrape from the Internet. The downside is you get extra files scattered around your video files.
(2012-04-27, 18:48)jhsrennie Wrote: You can export your database to a single file. This will put all the data in an XML file that you can edit using your favourite text editor. Do a global edit/replace to change the directory name(s), then delete the old database and import the edited one. Backup the old database first, just in case.

Alternatively use the export to multiple files, which will write .nfo files (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp..._nfo_Files) and artwork into the directories where the videos are. When you rescan it will read the info from the .nfo files instead of trying to scrape from the Internet. The downside is you get extra files scattered around your video files.

Thanks jhsrennie!!, I will try first option... I will let you know

TV: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H; BD player: Pioneer BDP-LX58-K; AV receiver: Pioneer SC-LX56-K; HTPC: OrigenAE M10 (i3 6100); NAS: Synology DS213j; Game Consoles: Xbox One & Xbox 360 250 GB ("Slim"); Speakers: Focal-Jmlab Chorus S; Sub: SVS PB-1000; Universal remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
-- Moving files --0