Win Startup directly into Files in Videos
How can I make XBMC start directly into Files in Videos on startup? I've set up XMBC to load directly in to the Videos category on startup, and on version 10 it went directly into what in 11/Eden is called Files. I've set up that library just the way I like it, so I want XBMC to continue going directly here. In the XMBC settings I found a setting telling it to go directly to Files when entering Videos, and that works if I enter Videos from the main menu. However, when XBMC starts up from scratch, it enters a different view for Videos, including for me useless choices like Movies, TV Shows, Recently Added Movies, etc.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get a uniform behavior from XBMC, going directly to files both from the main menu and on startup?

I added this here since I'm using the Confluence skin in XBMC, so it seemed fitting.
You need to edit home.xml right at the beginning with an onload command with condition previous window=startup to activateWindow(video files)...
Sorry that I do not post the real code, only tapatalk around...
Maybe this already helps...
If not, gimme a shout
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
The real code would be helpful - I'm not very familiar with xml files.
Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return)</onload>

or something like that right below

Code:
<window id="0">
    <defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol>

in the home.xml

similiar post exist..

Startup with video wall/poster
Window Video ID's
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

Thanks for the tip, but that didn't work. I added the line like you wrote, but there was no change starting up XBMC.

I'm also wondering what exact file you're talking about. I added this line to the file home.xml in c:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin\Confluence\720p, as it was the only home.xml file I could find in any folder relating to the skin. However, I seriously doubt it is the actual file in use, because the last modification date on the file before my change was December 24 2009, which is WAY before Eden... My best guess is that the file should be stored somewhere in the user profile (c:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC), but that folder doesn't have any files called home.xml at all.

So, in addition to WHAT to add, I really need to know WHERE to add it. Just saying "home.xml" doesn't really help me.
the home.xml in the skin.confluence/720 folder is correct

Code:
window id="0">
    <defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol>
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">ActivateWindow(Video,Files,return)</onload>

works for me.. but then again I don't use windows I use linux, so it could be the location
of the file in your case.

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

Wilson is totally right...
This has to work!
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Not works for me...

but....another thing. I have two pcs with xbmc installed -both Eden 11.0, but in one I have C:/program files(x86)/xbmc/skins/confluence/ and C:/users/ME/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons/
, but in the other I find only Confluence folder in C:/program files(x86)/Xbmc/addons/ Huh
Finally works.... I dont know how, but I have Three places were Confluence is located: C:/program files x86/xbmc/skins/confluence/, C:/users/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/ and C:/program filesx86/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/
??

I edited both three home.xml and finally works, Thanks for the code
Ah, excellent. Got it working. Smile

Aky75's tip helped me out. It is the file in c:\program files (x86)\xbmc\addons\skin.confluence that is the key, not the one in ...xbmc\skins\confluence as I first tried.

Thanks guys!
First of all I would like to thank you for this post because this was exactly what I was looking. I inserted the code in my Home.xml file (I use the MQ5 skin) and now Kodi boots directly into my MOVIES. However, when booting up the MAIN MENU is seen for a few miliseconds or so. Is there a way to solve this?
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup directly into Files in Videos2