Updating Video Library (Advanced Mods)
Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but I have searched, googled, and guessed and I am not even sure where to begin.

I will explain my request and see if anyone can point me the right direction and I will take off from there.

My neighbor and I share our movie collections through FTP, but the issue is that he and I have a lot of duplicate movies going on. I am using MySQL on my backend and have some scripts set up to delete his dupes from My Video Library but unfortunately they always come back when I update the library. I now currently have a script to add his dupes to a set in my video library, so I don't have to see them when I scroll through my list. It works but the perfectionist in me says it isn't clean enough, and if he adds another dupe to me, then I have to go back in and run my script again to move it to the set.

We also can't play 1080p movies between each other...Too much buffering (720p works perfectly). Now I am a kind neighbor and store my 1080p movies in a seperate folder. He is an arse and doesn't want to change his whole structure to please me. Wink I would also like to not even import those. Nice thing is all the files are named 1080p so I can again run a script and put them in a set in the database and issue is solved.

My question is can I incorporate my scripts into the process that is actually adding to the library and use my sql skills to manipulate the insert statement that xbmc is using to populate the database. Where is this stored at, and can I manipulate it?

If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction, I can mess around and try and figure it out on my own. I will gladly share any thing I find or do back with the community if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance for any help offered,
Matt (aka Pelton98)
Bump
(2012-04-28, 02:45)Pelton98 Wrote: My question is can I incorporate my scripts into the process that is actually adding to the library and use my sql skills to manipulate the insert statement that xbmc is using to populate the database. Where is this stored at, and can I manipulate it?

No. However you can have XBMC run your scripts every time it starts. When XBMC starts it looks in the userdata folder for a file called autoexec.py, and if this file exists XBMC runs it. You can write your database cleanup code as a Pythion program, or you can just have autoexec.py shell out to some shell script of your devising.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Video Library (Advanced Mods)0