Win Irtrans w. MCE remote - have I turned into an idiot?
Hi all, - and terribly sorry if this is indeed trivial, but I am about to give up - and I don't want to Undecided

Have been with MediaPortal for a long time and as such, is fairly new to XBMC.

The important system details:

Windows 7 Pro N w. SP1 and all hotfixes to date.
OrigenAE H5 case with VF110 Display / IR receiver running IRTrans irserver version 6.08.38 (aka. Latest Wink )
XBMC 11 Eden

The issue:

The problem is - XBMC simply ignores my remote.

Re-installed the IRTrans software package with all options as the XBMC plugin mentioned by IRTrans here might be missing. - No result.
Started irserver service with the -xbmc option as mentioned same place. No result.
Installed MCEremote add-on under programs and followed the guide. No result.

No matter what I do with the above options - it continues to work in MediaPortal.

Puts on flamesuit for posting stupid question - apologies Confused

/Steffen
The latest update includes the plugin, it's not a separate download.

However, I would try using the IRTrans server as a program first before loading as a service, just to make sure everything works. The problem with installing as a service is that it's hard to see what's working and not when it's running behind the scenes.
On my last install of the IRTrans software - I made a full installation as opposed to the very basic one I've been using with MP.

And I've tried running the IRServer as a regular program as well. Same deal - and as I wrote, no matter what I do with combinations, the remote refuses to stop working in MP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Irtrans w. MCE remote - have I turned into an idiot?0