Forget the AppleTV3, consider the Mele a2000 - A dedicated xbmc box for $70 or less
What's that flap at the front for?
CPU: AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz APU - MoBo: Gigabyte A75N-USB3 AMD A75 - RAM: Corsair Value 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz - Storage: 128GB SSD, 500GB HD - Case: Streacom FC7 Silver - ODD: Sony AD-7640S Slot Load DVD+RW Drive
Thats to cover the sata port so we can add a hard drive to it.
It really is a shame that allwinner is not cooperative and that xbmc doesn't run well on the mele because it really has interesting hardware ( but the ram could be higher though). If xbmc had more development for this i would order one because i prefer xbmc and for alterntives the only alternative to xbmc that i found is plex, but i don't know if it runs well on it or not.
Other question about the mele is that if its possible to use it a media server with a hdd connected on the sata port? Has anyone tried it?
The Mele A1000g/A2000g has 1 GB of RAM.

You don't need SATA for a media player, USB is speedwise enough for even blueray so ....

It if useful for server purposes. There are multiple server build out there for the Allwinner A10 SoC's. A nice little project will be a serevr build including Sabnzbd, Sickbeard, CouchPotato, Headphones, Samba/NFS, Mysql/percona and the GUI-less CLI build of XBMC.

It is on my list, but I do not have the time for it. But anyone can pick it up and start a nice little project. I assume a lot of disappointing Mele owners would love to use it as something else then a mediaplayer.
J1nx, what's a good build to start from? I'm using a RPI for this at the moment, but the SATA port would come in handy.
(2012-12-19, 12:58)Nu7s Wrote: J1nx, what's a good build to start from? I'm using a RPI for this at the moment, but the SATA port would come in handy.

Linaro pulled straight from the Linaro servers would be a nice start. I think Jean-Luc once wrote something about it. Will search for it.

EDIT: Jep, here it is;
http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/06/22/u...1000a2000/
If you follow that you will pull a latest and greatest from the Linaro servers.
Thank, I'll give it a try in the following couple of days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forget the AppleTV3, consider the Mele a2000 - A dedicated xbmc box for $70 or less3