50Hz or 60Hz Refresh Rate for HTPC to TV??
I'm not sure what refresh rate I should be using?? I've just figured out how to get 1920x1080 resolution on my out new tv, but what refresh should I use??

I only have 1:1 backups of my DVD collection in ISO format - both PAL and NTSC (576 and 480res)

It would seem from testing that a 60Hz refresh playing PAL DVD iso's seem to work fine, but playing NTSC DVD iso's there seems to be more frame drops (still looks reasonably good though). If I use 50Hz, the reverse seesm to be true - that is...PAL stuff has more frame drops and NTSC has few.

I've read lots of threads but I still haven't found anything that makes this clear.

Thx for the input.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
activate the automatic refresh rate adaption in video settings. this will switch your refreshrate on playback start to the best fitting value...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-29, 13:10)Memphiz Wrote: activate the automatic refresh rate adaption in video settings. this will switch your refreshrate on playback start to the best fitting value...

Thx for the assistance. I wish it were that easy. For some reason, my system doesn't use the correct EDID info from the TV and always sets the resolution at 1280x720. I've had to mod the xorg.conf file to get 1920x1080, so I'd like to know what is best for particular video resolutions??

I tried the "automatic refresh rate" thingee, but that set a 50Hz refresh rate for both PAL and NTSC (switching from 60hz GUI). Not sure this is correct. I got lots of frame drops on the NTSC material using this function at 50Hz. Thx again.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
50Hz or 60Hz Refresh Rate for HTPC to TV??0