Help needed for XMBC setup for bedroom and living room
Hi guys,

I am hoping for some tips to set up an ideal XBMC solution.

At the moment I have a Mac Mini connected to my 32" Philips TV. The Mac Mini has an external USB HD connected, which contains my DVD material. This TV is located in my living room.

I have now bought a Panasonic TX-P42G30Y, which is network enabled and has DNLA. Big Grin

The plan is now to set up the 32" Philips in the bedroom and set up the Panasonic in the living room. The Panasonic will be connected to the network by connecting an ethernet cable to an Airport Express.

Now, I am wondering whether or not to buy an Apple TV, Jailbreak it and connect that one to the 32" in the bedroom and use that, to connect to the XBMC instance running on the Mini via UPnP, or to move the Mini to the bedroom, and have the Panasonic connect to the Mini in the Bedroom via DNLA. Undecided

What would be the smoothest solution? Or should I set it up in a different way?

I appreciate any help I can get. Smile

Best regards,

Jes
Avoid DNLA. It will only playback a few formats and won't have XBMC's interface or add-ons. In other words, I'd only bother with something that put XBMC directly on each TV.
^ that. you should have some independent hardware for each TV that can run XBMC natively.
I have 2 Foxconn 330i-NTs, a Revo 1600, and an old Apple TV, I run OpenELEC with XBMC on all of them, 2 of them share an SQL DB (living room + bedroom), my daughter's only has access to half the shares (kid safe stuff), and one has the same access as the adults for the guest's room. I had used DNLA in the past and can tell you that you couldn't pay me enough to use DNLA instead of XBMC on any of my TVs. I would check e-bay if it's about cost, any one of those I listed can most likely be found for under $150 now. Hell I bought my AppleTV1 for $89 dollars just to put XBMC on it.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed for XMBC setup for bedroom and living room0