• 52(current)
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS
Hi all,

I've followed the LifeHacker guide to get this up and running, but I installed MySQL on my ReadyNas Duo and created the video and music databases on there, but connecting to them in XBMC is horrendously slow.

I've checked the my.cnf file and the skip-name-resolve line is in there, so it's not that.

Any ideas? Or is it just my NAS?

Thanks
I've just discovered that the Lifehacker article left out a crucial bit regarding setting the appropriate character set of the database so XBMC can properly write to it. The following mysql command should be run to create the databases and set the character set to latin1:

CREATE database xbmc_video CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
CREATE database xbmc_music CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;

The lines above came from this How-To Geek guide, How to Sync Your Media Across Your Entire House with XBMC, and clarifies a few points missed by the Lifehacker article.
Hello Xbmc Members....

I have blown peoples minds with this xbmc software, But I have a question about network streaming from a server to xbmc boxes on my network.i would like to know what is the best way to stream my collection of movies and music from a network server and send this stream to family members online(people with internet connection).The other question is whats the string or code to make your own add on program or video addon.Im currently designing a cable type of box.your input on the design is needed.

Thanks
Software need to make my own program and video add-on
(2012-04-21, 08:24)pctech Wrote: Hello Xbmc Members....

I have blown peoples minds with this xbmc software, But I have a question about network streaming from a server to xbmc boxes on my network.i would like to know what is the best way to stream my collection of movies and music from a network server and send this stream to family members online(people with internet connection)

I've had a play around with Subsonic and it works pretty well. It's not the most attractive interface and it's geared more towards music than movies but it's a good solution and definitely worth giving a go. It's totally independant of XBMC tho'. You just point it at your folder shares. I hope that helps.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS7