No Audio since upgrade
Audio Worked FINE! on 10.1 or whatever. and NOW that I have loaded up 11. whatever NO AUDIO. Using the Linux Version Installed it and not running it live.

Well anyway I had an issue when I first installed version 10 but I fixed it cause I didnt have the audio set to HDMI. Which there was only like 1 or 2 to choose from so it was easy.

Now that I do a CLEAN install, No audio. 20 different options under Audio and Audio Output. Whats up with thisHuh

I have NO experiences much in Linux so Im not gonna do any root stuff as I dont really have the time.

So what do I do? I`m using it via HDMI and always used audio Via HDMI. But now looks like I cantSad
You should list the hardware and OS version for starters.

Generally, Linux experts ask you to run commands in the terminal because it's significantly faster than figuring out which GUIs to walk you through for your specific setup. That being said, none of the following requires root.

Press CTRL+ALT+F1 and log into the terminal. If you are running a desktop session, it's easier to just run the terminal there so that you can copy and paste the output.
Code:
# list the OS and OS version
$ uname -a
$ lsb_release -a

# list your hardware
$ lspci | grep -i audio

# What does ALSA see?
$ aplay -l

# Are any outputs muted ('MM' rather than '00')?
$ alsamixer

# Do you have a custom file somewhere messing up the ALSA configuration?
$ cat /etc/asound.conf ~/.asoundrc

Type 'exit' to log out, then press CTRL+ALT+F7 to return to the desktop session.

Oh, and is the HDMI audio working in the desktop session (music, sounds, flash, etc.)?
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
Run alas mixer and ubmite everything to start. Select Alsa (HDMI) under your audio settings and see if that solves anything?

When you try and start a video do you get 'failed to initialise audio' error in the bottom right??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio since upgrade0