XBMC 11, no sound after 1 played item.[SOLVED]
I'm running XBMC on my Mac Mini, when I installed Eden it changed my audio setting from 5.1 to 2.0. After figuring this out and changing it to back to 5.1 the sound stops to work in xbmc after every playback, so I need to restart xbmc after each played file.
I reinstalled it from scratch and the setting went back to 2.0 audio and with that setting it worked fine (I want to use 5.1 tho). After chainging the setting from analogue 2.0 to Optical 5.1 the problem was back and the sound stops to work after every playback.

I uploaded a Log file where I started XBMC, browsed a episode and played it (everything works fine this far). I stopped the episode 20:51:44 and after that the sound are gone (even browsing menu sound). I started a new episode 20:52:32 and it doesn't have any sound.

The log says:
20:52:32 T:2957651968 ERROR: CCoreAudioDevice::SetHogStatus: Unable to set 'hog' status. Error = 0x00000000 ( )
20:52:32 T:2957651968 ERROR: CCoreAudioDevice::SetMixingSupport: Unable to set MixingSupport to 'Off'. Error = 0x3f6f6877 (who?)

Edit:
Found a solution for my issue.
Go to System > settings > system > audio output.
Then change the Audio output device from Default Output Device to Built-in Output.

This solved it for me (the navigation sound still bugs sometime tho). If you have simular issue, test this or experiment around with the Audio output settings abit.
Anyone have any ideas on what I can test? I'm pretty much stuck with this issue right now.
(2012-05-04, 14:47)sandboy Wrote: Anyone have any ideas on what I can test? I'm pretty much stuck with this issue right now.

Same here, the audio is lost, and all I get is static from the mac mini's internal speaker.
Need xbmc.log with debugging turned on in settings. Not sure what it would be off hand, but some other things you can try:

•disable various add-ons
•try renaming your userdata (wiki) folder so that XBMC creates a new one (but allowing you to restore your old one later) to see if it's something in your settings
•repairing permissions with Disk Utility.
Found a solution for my issue.
Go to System > settings > system > audio output.
Then change the Audio output device from Default Output Device to Built-in Output.

This solved it for me (the navigation sound still bugs sometime tho). If you have simular issue, test this or experiment around with the Audio output settings abit.
Tried that with no success
I have the same problem but most of the times from the start. I did a clean install. With MKV files after pressing ESC and then restarting the movie sounds works. In the older version I did nog have this problem.
With DVD files its almost hopeless. After being trough the menu sound drops again resulting in a loop of failure initalizing audio.

Although I do have the same problem in plex since newer releases.

Working on mac mini lion newest model.
Seems i have more problems when the mac is configured with default audio to optical. Works better to set it to HDMI and within xbmc to optical.
Or default audio in mac to soundflower and then in XBMC to optical.

A few days back I needed to watch a DVD so I tried walking trough the menu and even trying to be clever. Normally like I said I can watch a full MKV HD movie with starting XBMC press movie. Type ESC. Start again with resume. It gives a noise. Then press ESC and resume again to have DTS or Dolby. I can then wach with the menu from DVD somewhere after using setup it also switches. But even in doing some math for how many switches it would need to give me audio no luck ending in failing to initialize...
So I stopped XBMC and used the default DVD player from the mac mini. It works flawless with menu and optical out. So for now I must concluded that some how the same bug thats in plex also slipped in XBMC or the other way around and its nog a lion specific bug. But an error somewhere in the core of the new XBMC release. Is there any news on when this might be resolved? I like XBMC and I am trying hopeless to avoid going to other programs. But it looks pretty dull to have to press ESC so often and resume to finaly watch the movie with family and friends. Even worse if we deside to switch the movie I need to shut down XBMC restart it and do the ESC resume again. In general very super media center.

Thanks in advance! Hope there comes a fix for this or maybe I read it right that there is a new audio routine written in the new release?
@cl3ar, don't cross post.
@davilla,

Ok won't do that again. Can I then somehow get the two of them together? They look like almost the same topic? Or can i normally refer then to my other post?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Cl3ar
you don't Smile normally you have an issue, you make a post. not come in on a old preexisting thread and me-too it.
Hehe well I was thinking about all the happy googlers who stumble in to some of the topics like myself where somehow you guys already maybe gave the solution in another one Wink

But maybe if we get mine fixed I can end this one with a pointer to my http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127101 right Wink? But then again maybe its because im troubleshooting some linux servers now for a customer. So thinking about how often could you get same questions asked Smile
Then again talking in two topics is making you click both of them like myself so your right haha.. Ok I will stop talking here Wink Keep up the good work and sorry for the mess.

Regards,
Cl3ar
I am having this problem now.. Mac mini connected via HDMI to the tv.. turn the tv off then back on.. No audio! Currently running Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11, no sound after 1 played item.[SOLVED]0