Access Violation when running a script.
A user is having a a problem running my script Cinema Experience. I have not been able to recreate this on any of my systems. It is reporting an access violation when setting the Addon() class to a shorter value(I bet there is a proper name for this..) __addon__ = xbmcaddon.Addon()

Log Clip
Code:
19:37:48 T:7872   ERROR: EXCEPTION: access_voilation
19:37:48 T:7872   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: access_voilation
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Cory\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cinema.experience\addon.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                __addon__         = xbmcaddon.Addon()
                                            RuntimeError: access_voilation
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:37:48 T:7872    INFO: Python script stopped

Full log.. http://pastebin.com/DdxB6bf1

Only user that has reported this error, and can not reproduce on any of my systems...

Any help would be appreciated.
Maybe a custom compile?
never seen that error
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The problem is extremely rare, in fact only one user to report it. It has been happening since Frodo was introduced. I found the work around, by accident...

In the script I use the following(which has worked fine)
Code:
__addon__                = xbmcaddon.Addon()

To get around the error I had to put the addon id in.
Code:
__addon__                = xbmcaddon.Addon( 'script.cinema.expirence' )

I don't know if it is an error caused by the add on having both a service and program section. Or an issue with MySQL(since this user does use MySQL)

The script now works for that one instance that it failed.. I still have no idea why failed in the first place. The user only used XBMC served versions of Frodo(12.0, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3) all with the same issue on his machine...

Just wanted to let others know if the come across this problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access Violation when running a script.0