Linux xbmcbuntu-core?
Hey,

on my journey to get the latest vlc.. installing and removing different vlc-versions... apt-get kindly removed the package "xbmcbuntu-core".
i was able to alter the configuration for LXpanel to use lxsession-logout instead of xbmcbuntu-logout, and did a restart.
my installation now boots up xbmc just fine, as it did before, but i am unable to exit xbmc and log into openbox. i just get a blank screen telling me winbind or something was started.

usually i am able to fix anything i wrecked using google, but this time i am completely lost here, as the package "xbmcbuntu-core" seems unavailable.

my next idea would be to start a live xbmcbuntu session, and export that damn package (if posssible).

any ideas how to fix the issue here would be great, thanks in advance. Smile
How much trouble would it be to simply reinstall XBMCbuntu on that system? May be less hair-pulling than trying to patch it back together?
too much trouble, i spent more than one weekend on that installation. Sad
easiest path is to build it yourself from the SDK: https://github.com/xbmc/XBMCbuntu/tree/m...buntu-meta
(2012-10-30, 10:11)lcapriotti Wrote: easiest path is to build it yourself from the SDK: https://github.com/xbmc/XBMCbuntu/tree/m...buntu-meta

thanks for the quick answer directly from the author. Smile
could someone direct me to a proper tutorial for building debs from git? all i can find is pointing towards a specific .git which i can't find on that github.

sorry for being annoying.. Wink
nevermind, a nice fellow from #xbmc-linux helped out. in case anyone else ever has this kind of problem:

git clone git://github.com/xbmc/XBMCbuntu.git
export your working dir to $WORKPATH

use build.sh to create the corresponding DEBs
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for sharing your solution. I'm sure this will come in handy for others in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu-core?0