TV series help
I am having a little trouble understanding how to organise file names etc for a single TV series where the episodes are contained in a single mkv file, for example:
The Long Way Round
episodes 1, 2, 3 are in a single mkv file and episodes 4, 5, 6, 7 are in a second mkv file, there are also a number of interviews and other clips etc.

So far I have the following structure:
media
- series
-- LongWayDown
--- LongWayDown_e01e02e03.mkv
--- LongWayDown_e04e05e06e07.mkv
--- LongWayDown_interview.mkv

I have set the scraper as single series, and I have created an nfo file for the episode files, for example for ongWayDown_e04e05e06e07.mkv I created ongWayDown_e04e05e06e07.nfo:
Code:
<episodedetails>
    <epbookmark>0</epbookmark>  <!-- For media files containing multiple episodes, where value is the time where the next episode begins in seconds  -->
        <displayepisode>4</displayepisode>
    <epbookmark>200</epbookmark>  <!-- For media files containing multiple episodes,where value is the time where the next episode begins in seconds  -->
        <displayepisode>5</displayepisode>
    <epbookmark>400</epbookmark>  <!-- For media files containing multiple episodes,where value is the time where the next episode begins in seconds  -->
        <displayepisode>6</displayepisode>
    <epbookmark>600</epbookmark>  <!-- For media files containing multiple episodes,where value is the time where the next episode begins in seconds  -->
        <displayepisode>7</displayepisode>
</episodedetails>

despite this nothing is displayed in XBMC for this series,

please can someone help me out??
Hello Barrydocks,

Media
-Series
--Season ##
---S01E01-02-03 - Name of episode
---S01E04-05-06-07 - Name of episode

Thank You
(2012-04-30, 10:13)guyonphone Wrote: Hello Barrydocks,

Media
-Series
--Season ##
---S01E01-02-03 - Name of episode
---S01E04-05-06-07 - Name of episode

Thank You
Nope, doesn't work Confused
Anyway, there are no season variations for this series - ie there is only one

Hello Barrydocks,

A couple things:
1. Are you using TVDB as your scraper?
2. I guarantee that this naming scheme works, as I am using it.
3. Even if it's one season you should still break it down into Season folders, as TVDB uses Season 0 for specials. http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=80731&lid=7
4. For a full explanation see this guide on the xbmc wiki -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

Thank You
still ThetvDB treats series with just one season ... like other series with multiple seasons.

So you have to name it like (example) "s01e01-02-03.mkv"

more in the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

your part is

Quote:Defaults for two-part TV Show Episode will match
foo.s01e01-02.*
foo_[s01]_[e01-02]_*
foo.1x01.1x02.*

Same with three- or four-part TV Show Episode
foo.s01e01-02-03-04.*
foo_[s01]_[e01-02-03-04]_*
foo.1x01.1x02.1x03.1x04.*
Where foo can be anything (including nothing).

/Im just too slow Big Grin
thanks guys,

I think there may also be an issue with the version of xbmc I am running on my laptop as I couldn't get the second file of episodes to load but it worked first time on my OpenElec HTPC Undecided

Anyway, there are a couple of special features on this disc, see the dbTV entry http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=75233&lid=7 how do I get those to be listed along with the episodes?

Also I assume I will need an nfo file with <epbookmark> tags to make the epidsodes start at the correct place in the mkv file?
Thanks
Ignore the bit about special items in my last post - just worked it out :-)
In the scraper settings (when you "set content") there is a settings option where you can turn on "absolute ordering", which is for shows with only one season. You can also "set content" for an individual show folder, even if the parent folder is set differently, for a mix of single and multi season shows.

Adding_videos_to_the_library/Setting_content_and_scanning#TV_show_scraper_settings (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV series help0