Developing Open Source Remote for BlackBerry 10
Hello All,

Please be bare with me for a moment as I know this is the Android remote forum and not for BlackBerry (which doesn't exist, yet!).
I am in the process of creating an open source remote for XBMC that is native to BlackBerry 10 (not an android player port).

I know that the android-remote repository is licensed under GPL and I am free to modify and re-share.
That being said my main concern is that of using the XBMC logo for the application launcher icon and images within the android remote for buttons and menus within the app I am developing.

I'd like to use them for the following reasons:
1) Save time on development
2) Add some sense of consistency across platforms.
3) Give back to the community something polished and fun to use.

Disclosure: I am an employee of BlackBerry and will be developing this on my own time to Open Source back to the community.
I will be developing and managing the repository on my own time.

Boring legal note since I identified my self as an employee:
I am an employee of BlackBerry. All views and opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.
Should I be contacting team XBMC directly as it is them who own the logo trademarks?
you should probably contact freezy, who is the main developer of the android remote. I know he allowed a user named joethefox to use the images in his ios remote. Joethefox later became a team-xbmc member.

Here is the thread with freezy's permission in the 3rd post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128279
I'll do that.

Thanks for the link aptalca.
Thumbs Up 
Awesome. Looking forward to a native remote.
I've developed a webworks app for BB10 and would be happy to contribute to an open source remote. Let me know how I can help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Developing Open Source Remote for BlackBerry 101