• 2(current)
Android SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps
Looks good so far!
(2012-05-08, 22:37)skabyss Wrote: Looks good so far!

Whats neat is that now that I have a expandable list (which I had to make myself >.>), I can now use the long click selection style for mass edits to episodes. I also want to use the long click style for mass edits of shows. All I have left excluding selection, is show options and enabling add show options. Plus, fixing the add show list. Sometimes you get, Name (2011) (2011). Plus, I want to add two sort methods, original and by year.
Posted version 1.3 to both google code and google play. Sorry to everyone who uses the google code version. I forgot to upload before I started making 1.3, so I instead just finished this one and posted it.
Android store says this app has the ability to add a show to SB...running with 1.3 and can't find that ability. Please advise...

UPDATE...I see you can use the search button, but all options (directory, quality, etc.) are grayed out...?
.peace out.
(2012-05-13, 01:32)bengalih Wrote: Android store says this app has the ability to add a show to SB...running with 1.3 and can't find that ability. Please advise...

UPDATE...I see you can use the search button, but all options (directory, quality, etc.) are grayed out...?

Yah the options are greyed out for right now because I haven't added the actual code to do them. BUT! I am adding them the next update + adding the ability to edit shows (pause, set quality, etc). So yah, basically I didn't have the time yet. I really hate the Add Show activity right now but I hope to make it much better in 1.4. I am getting so close to feature complete! I'm excited.
Oh cmon another Sickbeard app?
Uhh... lightning fast (even on my old Blade runnning ICS), perfect design. Pretty much the best SB app I have seen and I used every single one I think.

(2012-05-13, 13:11)TeKo Wrote: Oh cmon another Sickbeard app?
Uhh... lightning fast (even on my old Blade runnning ICS), perfect design. Pretty much the best SB app I have seen and I used every single one I think.

Thanks. I tried to take all the best things of the current apps and make them into one awesome one. I just need to do a bit more and it will be perfect, like show options, and mass episode edits.
I wish ever person who uninstalled SickStache would tell me why, then I could make it better.
I agree with Teko, had the same attitude but gave this app a try anyway and found it to feel better and work faster than the others.

I do have a couple thought that could improve the app though.
Would it be possible to implement a force search function for backlog/new episodes, maybe within the context menu?
Also another idea for the context menu, just because I'm not sure where else it would fit nicely, it would be great to have a button to manually process the watched TV show folder for new episodes.
It would also be nice to be able to change the quality, language, and paused status (like the edit menu) on a per-show basis.

And if I'm going to nitpick, in the menu it says "About sickgoatee" which I am going to assume was your originally intended name Wink

Like the app though! I'll toss ideas your way as they come, hopefully you can attract some more customers!

EDIT: I did just have another idea though, that none of the other sickbeard apps offer.. I was looking at http://tvlistings.aol.com/ and was thinking it would be cool to have something similar implemented into the app based on location, so you can double check the sickbeard showtimes with local showtimes, and maybe even add a show that is scheduled to air that you are interested in.

I have no idea if there is a free database that would be accessible in that manner to you though, but I wanted to toss a different idea out there as food for thought!
(2012-05-14, 22:59)skabyss Wrote: Would it be possible to implement a force search function for backlog/new episodes, maybe within the context menu?

Where you long click to select and item then search for them? I want to make that in 1.4. It would allow mass edits to episodes for the seasons listing, future episode. Then take the same idea for show options.

(2012-05-14, 22:59)skabyss Wrote: Also another idea for the context menu, just because I'm not sure where else it would fit nicely, it would be great to have a button to manually process the watched TV show folder for new episodes.

Manually process the TV Download Dir in the post processing config section? There isn't a sickbeard API to do that actually. I could always make a patch to add it and see if its accepted. It would make that easier. But, I'm not promising anything.

(2012-05-14, 22:59)skabyss Wrote: It would also be nice to be able to change the quality, language, and paused status (like the edit menu) on a per-show basis.

Version 1.4. I need to make a Roadmap on the wiki and move everything to the correctly named google code.

(2012-05-14, 22:59)skabyss Wrote: And if I'm going to nitpick, in the menu it says "About sickgoatee" which I am going to assume was your originally intended name Wink

Yep then It was SickStashe until I realized I misspelled it then it became SickStache.

(2012-05-14, 22:59)skabyss Wrote: EDIT: I did just have another idea though, that none of the other sickbeard apps offer.. I was looking at http://tvlistings.aol.com/ and was thinking it would be cool to have something similar implemented into the app based on location, so you can double check the sickbeard showtimes with local showtimes, and maybe even add a show that is scheduled to air that you are interested in.

I have no idea if there is a free database that would be accessible in that manner to you though, but I wanted to toss a different idea out there as food for thought!

One thing I did want to do was a calendar view for all episodes. Back on topic, if this did happen, I think SickBeard would just implement TVRage support (if it hasn't already).
(2012-05-13, 04:00)Buttink Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 01:32)bengalih Wrote: Android store says this app has the ability to add a show to SB...running with 1.3 and can't find that ability. Please advise...

Yah the options are greyed out for right now because I haven't added the actual code to do them. BUT! I am adding them the next update + adding the ability to edit shows (pause, set quality, etc). So yah, basically I didn't have the time yet. I really hate the Add Show activity right now but I hope to make it much better in 1.4. I am getting so close to feature complete! I'm excited.

thanks for the updates. It appears you definitely have the best SickBeard app out there. Will be great if you end up integrating SAZ and CP also. It seems there are no apps (even paid ones) that are working properly now with all 3, especially considering the v2 CP stuff. There are some that are close, but they lack some key features. If you do end up integrating support please keep these in mind:

need the option to add an NZB to the queue from BOTH a local file OR a url.
DO NOT use nzbs.org as your main/sole means of searching for NZBs. I HATE that some of these other programs use only NZBs.org which not only almost shut down, but is impossible to join if you aren't already a member (totally closed registrations with very little chance of ever opening at all).

OTOH, I hope you get to this stuff quickly... I don't know how much longer usenet is going to be around with all the DCMA and other lawsuits pressuring the providers to close :/
.peace out.
(2012-05-16, 04:46)bengalih Wrote: thanks for the updates. It appears you definitely have the best SickBeard app out there. Will be great if you end up integrating SAZ and CP also. It seems there are no apps (even paid ones) that are working properly now with all 3, especially considering the v2 CP stuff. There are some that are close, but they lack some key features. If you do end up integrating support please keep these in mind:

need the option to add an NZB to the queue from BOTH a local file OR a url.
DO NOT use nzbs.org as your main/sole means of searching for NZBs. I HATE that some of these other programs use only NZBs.org which not only almost shut down, but is impossible to join if you aren't already a member (totally closed registrations with very little chance of ever opening at all).

OTOH, I hope you get to this stuff quickly... I don't know how much longer usenet is going to be around with all the DCMA and other lawsuits pressuring the providers to close :/

I will never be able to get a nzbs.org account so no worries there. Smile

As long as they keep making services and the current apps piss me off, I'll do something about it. SABnzbDroid SABDroidEx is a really good sabnzbd+ client so that would probably be the last thing I would make. MediaDog is still the only thing I use for couchpotato. I'v been lazy too and still use couchpotato v1 lol.
Finished implementing all the buttons for Add Show. Also, I made 3 sort methods when searching, Relevance, Title, and Year. Now, I just need to finish the Edit Show. While I'm at it, I'm going to fix the history. Make it neater and make more sense.
Thanks for the updates buttink, looking forward to them.

Would be interesting to see this app integrate couchpotato and sab support, but I didn't want to ask because that seems to be the trend for every other app right now. I think your app is more focused and I like that more.

One feature that would be cool to see, is the ability to play an episode on a xbmc server right from sickstache, but I can't think of any simple way to make that work, so it may be a bit unrealistic.

(2012-05-18, 22:37)skabyss Wrote: Thanks for the updates buttink, looking forward to them.

Would be interesting to see this app integrate couchpotato and sab support, but I didn't want to ask because that seems to be the trend for every other app right now. I think your app is more focused and I like that more.

One feature that would be cool to see, is the ability to play an episode on a xbmc server right from sickstache, but I can't think of any simple way to make that work, so it may be a bit unrealistic.

It actually should be pretty easy if the sickbeard API allows you to query the file of the episode...you then just need to send that as the play target. The question is whether you can pass that file URL directly from SickStache using the XBMC API, or if you would pass it as a parameter to the XBMC android app.
.peace out.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps3