• 3(current)
Android SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps
(2012-05-19, 00:24)bengalih Wrote: It actually should be pretty easy if the sickbeard API allows you to query the file of the episode...you then just need to send that as the play target. The question is whether you can pass that file URL directly from SickStache using the XBMC API, or if you would pass it as a parameter to the XBMC android app.

The only problem I see with this is that is assumes the directory for the show in XBMC would be the same as the directory sickbeard is using. But perhaps setting a custom path for sickstache to use that would be identical to the show directory xbmc is using could be used to replace part of the filename sickbeard is using. So it would almost have to be a meshing of the 2 in order to play that directory. That would certainly work for the way my things are set-up but I couldn't say for certain for other systems.
(2012-05-19, 00:39)skabyss Wrote: The only problem I see with this is that is assumes the directory for the show in XBMC would be the same as the directory sickbeard is using. But perhaps setting a custom path for sickstache to use that would be identical to the show directory xbmc is using could be used to replace part of the filename sickbeard is using. So it would almost have to be a meshing of the 2 in order to play that directory. That would certainly work for the way my things are set-up but I couldn't say for certain for other systems.

This I think will only be a problem if your Sickbeard install and XBMC install are on different machines AND not using the SAME path to the media.

For instance if both are installed on the same machine, then when you look at a show in sickbeard it will show you two things:
1) The location that the show is stored - e.g: d:\downloads\TV\Scrubs
2) The filename of each episode next to that episode. - e.g: Scrubs - S01E03.avi

So, as long as the API can return that information, then all you have to do is concatenate them and send them to XBMC.

If however they are running on different machines and accessing shared storage (like a NAS), you would need to make sure the path was mapped the same on both (should not be a problem to do). The only time I see a problem is if one is running on a local box with the storage, and the other is running on another box. For instance:

Sickbeard running on Synology NAS - Uses local path as location
XBMC running on PC - Uses mapped drive as locaton

This would then be an issue.

In any event, this is a feature that would be low on my priority list - since you can just open up the XBMC remote on your android and open your movie that way. Big Grin
.peace out.
(2012-05-18, 22:37)skabyss Wrote: Thanks for the updates buttink, looking forward to them.

Would be interesting to see this app integrate couchpotato and sab support, but I didn't want to ask because that seems to be the trend for every other app right now. I think your app is more focused and I like that more.

One feature that would be cool to see, is the ability to play an episode on a xbmc server right from sickstache, but I can't think of any simple way to make that work, so it may be a bit unrealistic.

If anything, I could see if there would be a way to start the XBMC app with some show, season, or episode. I don't like the idea sending the filename just because of the separate machine problem (I use separate machines). If I can pass parameters to the XMBC android app that would be awesome, but that would be after I finished all the needed work on SickStache.
Gah sorry if im slow to release the next version. BLAME DIABLO 3! I hope to have it out by at least Friday. (a release every 2 weeks)
BTW, if anyone has an awesome name for a couchpotato mobile app, I would love to hear it. After I finish this app, I plan on making a couchpotato v2 app.
Android development is just about the most infuriating thing I have ever done. You say you hate C/C++ because you have to tediously manage memory? That tedium is nothing compared to androids entirely inheritance based design! FUCK YAH! We had an Object Oriented Language after all, so we said FUCK IT lets make the worst design choices imaginable. You say coupling is bad? FUCK THAT LETS USE THE HIGHEST FORM OF COUPLING IMAGINABLE MUAHahahhaah. This didn't have any problem like fragmenting the android library with updates because you wouldn't backport them. BUT OH Google is merciful. They decided to release some new stuff into a support library which will instantly mess up if you import wrong.

.... rant suspended.
(2012-05-24, 22:41)Buttink Wrote: Android development is just about the most infuriating thing I have ever done. You say you hate C/C++ because you have to tediously manage memory? That tedium is nothing compared to androids entirely inheritance based design! FUCK YAH! We had an Object Oriented Language after all, so we said FUCK IT lets make the worst design choices imaginable. You say coupling is bad? FUCK THAT LETS USE THE HIGHEST FORM OF COUPLING IMAGINABLE MUAHahahhaah. This didn't have any problem like fragmenting the android library with updates because you wouldn't backport them. BUT OH Google is merciful. They decided to release some new stuff into a support library which will instantly mess up if you import wrong.

.... rant suspended.

Rofl

Not a dev, but I love reading a good rant
Well first version of edit shows and second version of add shows are done. There is a problem setting the quality in that it only sets one or the other, but ill fix that next version. I hope you all like my async buttons I made.
Uploaded the new version. It might take an hour or two for google play to tell you to update though. Long Click Selection didn't make it into this version I'm afraid but now it will be for 1.5 ... or 2.0. I'm not sure what version I will call the next one because it will basically be complete.

Edit shows is a menu/actionbar item after you pick a show.
(2012-05-23, 23:30)Buttink Wrote: BTW, if anyone has an awesome name for a couchpotato mobile app, I would love to hear it. After I finish this app, I plan on making a couchpotato v2 app.

Well, if you want to go off the same pattern as SickStache, you could go with CouchSpud or something to that effect.

thx for the new version,..I'll try it out this weekend.

.peace out.
Well the reason for SickStache was I wanted something that was lighter then a Beard. So a Mustache was used. I have been trying to think of something good for CouchPotato but the entire name is based on a phrase so changing any part of it doesn't really work.
I have been struggling to get this work on my setup. I have been trying to get this to work on XBMCbuntu 11.0, Sb version says alpha (master). I know the port is 8081, but have tried localhost, 0.0.0.0, 127.0.0.1 and it still kicks back "error retreving results" (you have a typo there Wink ). I have the api key correct, I have checked that numerous times. Any ideas?

SickBeard API enabled, current on Sickstache as of a bit ago, but I'm stumped?
Thanks for noticing the typo thankfully that is a string that I reference so I only have to change it in one place.

The address 127.0.0.1 is a loop back to the computer itself (its the same as "localhost"). 0.0.0.0 is a nothing address.

The address you want is of the machine SickBeard is running. So in my set up, I have a computer call "nas-server" aka "10.30.0.15". If I'm on that computer, I can go to IE/Firefox/Chrome and type "127.0.0.1" to access SickBeard, but your phone isn't running on that computer.

Assuming you use windows 7 ...

First on the machine running SickBeard, click on the start menu.
Type "cmd" and hit Enter
Type "hostname" and hit Enter
Go into SickStache and put the result into the hostname section.
Try it out.

I should write a how to set up in the google code wiki ......
(2012-05-26, 08:56)Buttink Wrote: Well the reason for SickStache was I wanted something that was lighter then a Beard. So a Mustache was used. I have been trying to think of something good for CouchPotato but the entire name is based on a phrase so changing any part of it doesn't really work.

Armchair Spud like we Irish call it Big Grin
I installed SickStache and like it a lot to manage my sick beard server but have a question. I do not see an option to do a "mass update" My PC is usually down at 3am and since sick beard does not allow an adjustment of time to do the update, I need another way to tell it to update since I do not relaunch SB when it comes out of standby. Is there a way to do this with this app, it would make this a great app to me and would buy it, just for this feature. Thanks for a great app!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps3