• 11(current)
Android SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps
Awesome App! Just installed v2.1 on my Gnex running Jelly Bean. It connected right away to my Sickbeard and loaded all of the TV show banners immediately. It loaded all of my tv shows with the banners significantly faster then other apps I have previously used, which have tried to include SickBeard. Well done sir!
(2012-08-13, 22:07)PhenomHTPC Wrote: Awesome App! Just installed v2.1 on my Gnex running Jelly Bean. It connected right away to my Sickbeard and loaded all of the TV show banners immediately. It loaded all of my tv shows with the banners significantly faster then other apps I have previously used, which have tried to include SickBeard. Well done sir!

Thanks, I made it originally because most of the feature rich apps were slow as dirt. There is still a few things I need to fix, like saving on screen rotation, but that will be out soon. I also might make a service that runs in the background and asks very 10 minutes or so for new history and display as a notification. So, you would see "<show> was snatched" and then later "<show> was downloaded".
I like the toast notification idea! Maybe theres an easy way to incorporate that into the sickstache app?
CouchPotato makes it easier because it keeps track of if a notification has been viewed. In Sickbeard, I would probably keep the history and when I get a new one compare them to see if there are new items. Or, make a SickBeard api patch lol. I would probably use the new JellyBean notification system with the compatibility library (don't want to forget 2.2+ users).

If I do a feature in one, it generally is coming to the other. It just takes me a bit of time.
New version out. Its a long time coming for properly saving state on screen rotation.
(2012-08-19, 00:27)Buttink Wrote: New version out. Its a long time coming for properly saving state on screen rotation.

Fantastic, always glad to see updates!
Question! do you guys think I should cannibalize this thread to make one giant thread for all my apps? or just make separate ones for each?
Might be a good idea, just so nobody has to look around in different places when trying to find your apps on the forums..

But on a separate note, I found a new small issue when adding a show. Seems that when you search for a new show and that show has more than 1 result with the same name on tvdb, your app only shows 1 result, and I believe this causes an error with tvdb when you try to add the show (with a cannot contact tvdb error). For example I was trying to add the show 'Spartacus' and got this error, but when I searched for it on tvdb's website 3 results with the same name where returned (English, Dutch, French.. your app only showed one). I tried another show right after to make sure it wasn't tvdb and it added as expected.. So I'm led to believe the lack of distinction between the results is whats causing the error.

EDIT:When adding the show in sickbeard it'self, it only shows the one result, but it has the *en identifier before searching.
(2012-08-24, 21:57)skabyss Wrote: Might be a good idea, just so nobody has to look around in different places when trying to find your apps on the forums..

But on a separate note, I found a new small issue when adding a show. Seems that when you search for a new show and that show has more than 1 result with the same name on tvdb, your app only shows 1 result, and I believe this causes an error with tvdb when you try to add the show (with a cannot contact tvdb error). For example I was trying to add the show 'Spartacus' and got this error, but when I searched for it on tvdb's website 3 results with the same name where returned (English, Dutch, French.. your app only showed one). I tried another show right after to make sure it wasn't tvdb and it added as expected.. So I'm led to believe the lack of distinction between the results is whats causing the error.

This is because SickBeard requires that you specify the language. If you try to add a show via SickBeard, you will see a box with "*en" in it. So if you search "Spartacus", you will only get "Spartacus (2010)" once because there is only one English Spartacus. If you hit the menu button, you can set the language. The "cannot contact tvdb error" is what really confuses me. That isn't my error, that is a returned SickBeard error. (I really should specify if its an error in my app or from SickBeard) I think that thetvdb web api might have been down briefly or maybe SickBeard api got a temp ban for to much traffic. Have you tried this at all today? I just tried it and actually got a show back, although I didn't actually try adding it to SickBeard.

Wow I didnt know the add show function had those extra option, I learn something new everyday!

I actually tried it about 30 minutes ago, and gave it a few tries before trying another show that worked.. But it is worth noting I didnt get the error until I actually attempted to add the show.

EDIT: okay, I just deleted the show and re-added it with your app and everything worked fine!(Huh) Perhaps my connection to tvdb from my sickbeard was bad or something, because I have seen more tvdb errors than normal in my log (Silly upstream module.. blah blah) so maybe it was restricting access from my ip for some reason.. Really wish they would figure out those tvdb errors :/

anyway, not sure what was going on, but seems to work now! Thanks for the speedy reply!
Hmm. I'll try adding and deleting some shows and see if I can get it to happen. Something tells me that this is still just thetvdb being weird.

EDIT: See if you still have the problem and try it in NzbUnity. If it works. Delete it and try again in my app. If it doesn't then it is almost certainly a problem on my end.
I'm pretty sure you are right and it was just tvdb being flaky considering it wound up adding (edited my last post).. But I'll be sure to keep you posted if anything else strange comes up!
Yah, I really need to show errors returned by SickBeard differently. That way users know exactly where to look for a solution.
Hey buttink, I updated couchpotato to the newest release and it seems to not be working with your app.. Mediador and nzbunity are still working so it must be isolated to your app..

http://www.imgur.com/dyv8H.png
(2012-08-29, 05:53)skabyss Wrote: Hey buttink, I updated couchpotato to the newest release and it seems to not be working with your app.. Mediador and nzbunity are still working so it must be isolated to your app..

http://www.imgur.com/dyv8H.png

CouchPotato changed how it lists movies ever so slightly. I will have a fix out by tomorrow at the very least.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SickStache, CouchTatertot Apps3