[Release date] Aeon MQ 4
(2012-08-10, 05:17)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 14:59)MarcosQui Wrote: Hello all.

Aeon MQ 4, official release schedule:

August 15 = RC 1
August 30 = RC 2
Sept. 15 = Final version, public release.

As always, the alpha, beta and RC will be released only to VIP users as collaborators, donors and translators.

For that you must send an email to [email protected]. In the title put AEON MQ 4, the body of the email enter your forum username.

After being accepted, you will receive an invitation from SugarSync and will receive both the alpha 1 and other updates.

The registration will be done calmly, so just send us an email and wait.

Former VIP users (colaborators) also have access to Aeon MQ 4, one time VIP, VIP forever.

Once the skin is ready and translated I'll publish here a video-preview of some news ... has many cool things coming.

PS. I apologize for leaving aside the Aeon MQ 3, I am focusing all efforts on the new skin, I hope you understand. The development of the MQ 3 continues when time permits of course.

Best regards.

Why do you release RC's this way? Kind of a pain.... I think once on RC then the masses should be your guinea pigs. Aeon Nox had no problem releasing its RC out to everyone and it got great response and turn out and got a lot of the bugs worked out prior to Full Release....

While I respect your right Marcos to determine how you release your skin, I'm also curious as to your reasoning why the release candidates are also restricted. I accept that alpha and beta releases should be released to a smaller test group, I've always assumed that a RC is close enough to final release to be widely available.
Kokonutcreme, I agree with you, although I never disagree with any decision of Marcos, is a right of the developer.

Quote from Wikipedia:

Quote:Release candidate

A release candidate (RC) is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug. A release is called code complete when the development team agrees that no entirely new source code will be added to this release. There could still be source code changes to fix defects, changes to documentation and data files, and peripheral code for test cases or utilities.

Let's take as example the recent development cycle of Aeon Nox 3.5 skin, in RC stage the release was public.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Dear users, understand, I'm making some changes in RC 1 and I will also make in the RC 2, if I release this for all users, the time that I will dispense to support thousands of users will affect the final release, that is going to hurt everyone.

So if you really love the Aeon, you can wait until the final version, while the skin will be polished to be given the best possible way.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
(2012-08-13, 16:11)MarcosQui Wrote: Dear users, understand, I'm making some changes in RC 1 and I will also make in the RC 2, if I release this for all users, the time that I will dispense to support thousands of users will affect the final release, that is going to hurt everyone.

So if you really love the Aeon, you can wait until the final version, while the skin will be polished to be given the best possible way.

i agree !
Well, began the countdown to the final version of Aeon MQ 4, but beyond the expected, the same day of release I will give a gift to all users:

Aeon MQ 4 SC (Skinner's Cut) which is a version whom only want to install the skin and watch a movie, just like me. For people who do not need new menus, just a quick and beautiful skin. Wait ...

------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
trust in Marcos, he need fix bugs and stuff like that. when the time comes you will be enjoy the best and almost perfect skin.
(2012-08-30, 00:25)MarcosQui Wrote: Well, began the countdown to the final version of Aeon MQ 4, but beyond the expected, the same day of release I will give a gift to all users:

Aeon MQ 4 SC (Skinner's Cut) which is a version whom only want to install the skin and watch a movie, just like me. For people who do not need new menus, just a quick and beautiful skin. Wait ...

Great idea Marcos, very considerate. Much respect.Nod
2 more weeks....!
KODI 16.1 on Odroid C2, Android OS, Roku Clients w/ Plex, Dell R710 Rack Server w/ 40TB storage
Hello,

I have MQ3 and when I listen to music, I can not get the fanart as wallpaper in the home page.

Is it setting? If so which one?

If not, is it is anticipated that easily handles MQ4 fanarts music?
Person to answer me?

Where my question xbmc if nobody answers on this forum.
(2012-09-05, 08:40)pepito62 Wrote: Person to answer me?

Where my question xbmc if nobody answers on this forum.

Maybe because it's in the wrong section and grammar-wise it's hard to read what your asking plus let people have some time to read your post instead of bumping it within 24 hours.
Confused
Email sent marcos Smile
Any chance to also see MQ4 in the official repo (once released of course). I don't mind donating or other form of contribution, but find it quite inconvenient to install and update things, which are not in the official repo. Thanks in advance for considering!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Add their repo and enable auto-updates.
(2012-09-09, 15:22)steve1977 Wrote: Any chance to also see MQ4 in the official repo (once released of course). I don't mind donating or other form of contribution, but find it quite inconvenient to install and update things, which are not in the official repo. Thanks in advance for considering!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release date] Aeon MQ 48