[How To] Progress Bar To Show Cache
if any of you want to see the cache as its downloaded on the quartz skin especially if you have advancedsettings.xml set at "0"

please overwrite the DialogSeekbar.xml which can be found here

http://www.multiupload.co.uk/K27SU9MDHV

and overwrite it here

XBMC\addons\skin.quartz\720p
Sorry for sounding n00bish, but what do you mean by "cache", and what field are you referring to that would be set to value of "0" in advancedsettings.xml?

This sounds vaguely like something I would be interested in, but need to know what this is all about..
Thanks Mikey. Works like. Charm and is a great addition.
Would someone mind adding a bit more context to this thread?

"if any of you want to see the cache as its downloaded on the quartz skin especially if you have advancedsettings.xml set at "0""

What "cache" are we referring to? What is "its" referring to? What setting in advancedsettings.xml set to "0" is this thread referring to?

I use Quartz skin and I have no idea what this thread is all about.. I feel like it's something I might potentially be missing out on, what is it?

If you don't know what's its about then you dont need it
(2012-05-01, 19:13)mikey1234 Wrote: If you don't know what's its about then you dont need it

Would this have anything to do with http://www.xbmchub.com/oldforums/viewtop...=128&p=723 , which is showing how far ahead buffer is?

Cache and buffer means different things to me, progress bar for buffer sounds like something I'd like to have.

that link you sent was what i was trying to get but it didnt work.............

yes you are correct in sayin showing how far ahead you are with the buffer........but if you set up your advancedsettings.xml and set it to "0" bascically means unlimited buffer downloads the lot............so no problems with pausing for half hour while eating dinner or whatever as it downloads the whole thing
Could somebody please repost this file, the links are dead. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nevermind, one of the links has decided to work today Smile
It is there in git version, but you need to un-comment it, i.e. remove leading <!-- and trailing -->
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi, i am new here... My progress bar shows the buffering at the very begining (but no always), but after I pause it, the buffering progress disappears. Any ideas? Please help!
Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[How To] Progress Bar To Show Cache0