Ubuntu 12.04 and the unexplaiend
Rainbow 
Hi,

I believe that this is not xbmc related but I can not use it and I ran out of all ideas. Any suggestion is welcomed.

In short, this is what I did and what happened:
- Installed Ubuntu 10.10, then updated, then xbmc. All running well, but after standby the mouse and everything is choppy, xbmc reports that is running at 4~6Hz instead of 60. After many updates, tweaks, etc, still the same.
- Installed Ubuntu 12.04, with no update, no xbmc. All running well, after coming out of standby the mouse is moving slow and choppy, same as previous.

I tried to enable/disable things in bios with no result. I hope very much that someone could give me some new hints.
My sys info is:
- Mobo: Intel DG43GT at the latest f/w (http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/hig...rds/dg43gt)
- Chipset G43, Video GMA x4500 HDMI
- Dual Core Intel @3GHz
- 4Gb Ram @ 800MHz
- 64GB SSD drive

The hard drive is set as AHCI, "smart" enabled", parallel, serial and on-board 1394 are disabled since I have no use. Video mem is set for 256Mb, tried with 128Mb and "max".
Ram config is set to "Auto", PCI Latency=32 (tried with 64 too), HPET=enabled (tried disabled too), Intel Virtualization=enabled (tried disabled too).
ACPI suspend=S3, "Processor Power Management" tried enabled and disabled, UEFI=tried enabled and disabled.

It always the same, after booting is all OK, all smooth but after stand-by, the mouse moves very choppy and slow that I have to reset. Since it is an Intel, I have no control over video to tune or do to anything, or at least I am not aware. Please give me some hints to try.

Update: when I switch in bios from S3 to S1, when coming back from standby, it is all OK! The problem with S1 state is that the processor and most of it all it is still powered. So, definitely I need to be S3 but why would I have problems with S3?

(2012-05-31, 17:17)Angi321 Wrote: - Installed Ubuntu 12.04, with no update, no xbmc. All running well, after coming out of standby the mouse is moving slow and choppy, same as previous.
It's definitely not an XBMC problem then, since XBMC isn't even installed and you're experiencing the same problem.

Quote:- Mobo: Intel DG43GT at the latest f/w
By "f/w", are you referring to the BIOS? The latest version for this board apparently is 0035, so update to it if you're not already there.

Quote:So, definitely I need to be S3 but why would I have problems with S3?
Could be OS, video driver, BIOS? Can you test with other versions of Linux? Can you test it with some version of Windows? Don't install XBMC... just the OS and see if you still have the S3 resume problem.
  • If it works with Windows or other Linux distros, then it is likely an Ubuntu issue and you can ask for help on their forums.
  • If the same problem occurs with Windows, then it is likely a motherboard problem (BIOS?) and you can ask for help on the Intel forums.

Thank you for your reply.

The BIOS is at the latest update.
I have installed Windows 7 and the problem is not there, when it comes back from standby the system is OK. It means that the problem is only in ubuntu. But what to do?
I suggest registering and posting your problem at http://ubuntuforums.org/

Tell them what you've mentioned here already: your hardware, BIOS version, Ubuntu version and that the problem occurs with S3 resume, but not with S1. Also mention that it works fine with Windows 7. You don't need to mention XBMC since this problem happens with just Ubuntu installed... no point muddying the waters!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 12.04 and the unexplaiend0