XBMC features wish list (request assistance)
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and newto XBMC as well however, I have a few requirements that i want to know have been developed or not. If developed, then pls point me in the right direction :-

1. I would like to setup a XBMC server with several clients (HTPC's) for live streaming/VoD

2. I have Karaoke Video's in mpg/avi format which I would like to catalogue and view using XBMC. Further I would like to configure my ipad/itouch/android device so that i can choose a karaoke on the hand held device and XBMC would execute it on my plasma TV.

Possible? if so can yo direct me to documentation as well as hardware/software requirements.

Much appreciated

Thanx
1. File sharing (wiki)- that page is kind of a mess, but should give you the basic idea, in that you just enable file sharing and each XBMC client connects to that. Most common method is SMB (wiki)

2. Karaoke (wiki)- That page and the ones linked on it should cover XBMC's current karaoke abilities pretty well.
Hi Ned, Thank you for your response and I will have a read. Can XBMC do the following:- I would like to configure my ipad/itouch/android device so that i can choose a karaoke on the hand held device and XBMC would execute it on my plasma TV.

Are you just talking about getting a remote control application for your android device (I am not familiar with ipad or itouch applications, I stick with android)? If that is all you are looking for, on your android device just download "spooky xbmc" (that is the only remote application I can get to work right with eden). Then configure it through the "config" menu and configure XBMC in the Network Settings by "Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP" set up your port, username, and password to match your remote application. My wife and I both use Spooky with our HTPC so there is no need for mouse or keyboard. Good luck, I hope this helps!
@S1naps1s - thanks for your reply. Will this allow me to list all my Karaoke's on the android device from XBMC Server (whilst the TV has a screen saver or something) and when i select a karaoke and click on play on the Android device, it will play the karaoke on my TVHuh or am i too ambitious :-)
I use the 'official' XBMC REMOTE on my android phone and tab' and it works a treat Big Grin
As long as it is in your library, it will show up. You select the file out of your library or scroll through the menus using the arrows and select it on screen and you should be good to go.

@mrhyde1969 - Did they update the "Official" Remote now to work with Eden? I was using that until Eden came out and I was having issues.
(2012-05-02, 15:27)S1naps1s Wrote: As long as it is in your library, it will show up. You select the file out of your library or scroll through the menus using the arrows and select it on screen and you should be good to go.

@mrhyde1969 - Did they update the "Official" Remote now to work with Eden? I was using that until Eden came out and I was having issues.

Well mine seems to be working just as it always did , no problems
Sorry to dig up this old thread but the second question here pretty well sums up what I am trying to achieve with xbmc (if possible).

I use a shared MySQL media library setup currently with all the XBMC's in my house including our android tablet :-

Can the Karaoke playlist or Queue be stored in the MySQL shared database?

If so I could either use my android tablet to update the queue or at least reference the playlist for song numbers to queue.

Has anyone done this or is it possible?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC features wish list (request assistance)0